Back on the stage after 30 plus years!!!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My wife and I recently discovered a great restaurant in Jupiter (For Redfin and Capnjuan: "Chef John's" on Indiantown Rd East of the railroad tracks), where not only is the food great, but every Thursday this really good blues band is playing: http://www.davidshelleyandbluestone.com/Home_Page.php
Of course I hooked up with the lead guitar player the first time over, and when we got back the second time, he came to our table and gave me some nice words on my youtube "venture", and then about half way through the show, had a really nice (and rare) gesture, which consisted of handing his Thinline Telecaster over to me for a tune!!!
A special night indeed! :mrgreen:

1zlq41s.jpg

I got so into it, my eyes turned red... :lol:
x68pj.jpg

2hfnk7r.jpg

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I had a blast.
Gary: I'm rapidely falling in love with that SF! What a tone beast....

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Vous êtes l'homme Pascal 8) Was that an Ampeg ... Epiphone behind you in the pic? Ok; gotta get over to Chef John's!

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
Lookin' good, Pascal. And to cover two threads with one post, congrats on that beautiful new Starfire. :D

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Uh-oh, somebody's gonna be lookin' to join a band now! There is nothing like playing in a band and being part of the music machine chuggin' down the tracks!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
taabru45 said:
It found its way home.... :| Steffan
I like to believe it did! :D
capnjuan said:
Vous êtes l'homme Pascal 8) Was that an Ampeg ... Epiphone behind you in the pic? Ok; gotta get over to Chef John's!
Thanks John, the beige color amp is a Peavey, don't actually know what the one sitting on top is....
TonyT said:
Great. Now I want a Tele even more than I did before.
Do it! :evil: Thankfully that one had a rosewood fretboard (I'm not as comfy on a maple board for some reason).

Thanks all for the cheers.... and no, the band does not have a new lead guitar.... They have a very good one, and a cool dude actually, by the name of Dave Scott. :D
The Guilds of Grot said:
Uh-oh, somebody's gonna be lookin' to join a band now! There is nothing like playing in a band and being part of the music machine chuggin' down the tracks!
Boy ain't that the truth.... Nothing like the band live experience!
Dr. Spivey said:
Lookin' good, Pascal. And to cover two threads with one post, congrats on that beautiful new Starfire. :D
Double thanks to you Doc!

Reaction score
I started playing live in my old band after a brief retirement of 40 years. So 30 years should be a piece of cake. My band savors each gig. So will you. Do it.

I am playing an old Guild Starfire IV on some songs (ie Doors covers). It sounds great. My old Starfire II is staying retired. I have enjoyed Guild guitars for a long time now. Mine seem to sound better with age, no doubt about it. Best to all.