Sea foam green Acoustic?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
@Tom: Well, those are the standard Fender colors they just had, same like they shipped their Stratocasters for instance:
strat1.jpg
strat.jpg

Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Since we talk colors now, here are nice pictures of a "Crimson transparent red satin finish" D25 from Corona I found on the net:
guild2-1.jpg
guild3-1.jpg

Ralf

SkippyX

Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
Since we talk colors now, here are nice pictures of a "Crimson transparent red satin finish" D25 from Corona I found on the net:
guild2-1.jpg
guild3-1.jpg

Ralf

I'm a fan of natural finishes. I don't even really care for the sunburst/tobacco burst look.

However, I've gotta say, that red is very pretty indeed to my eye.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
davismanLV said:
I'm not normally a fan of covering up nice wood with paint, but for some reason these solid-colored Guilds have a strange fascination for me. I like the way they look. I don't want one, but I like looking at them. So, blue, seafoam, white and translucent red..... any other colors??
The Corona '25's blue was much darker translucent, as was the white, although the white was preety opaque. A little digging pulled this one up, blurry, but gives the idea:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericwashis ... otostream/
Steffan posted a pic of his w-a-a-y back in a thread about whether Coronas were as good as Westerlys, IIRC.
Repeat, there was "red white and blue" patriotic theme related to those instruments. Kind of a hint to buy all 3 for the "set".
Gotta admit that Blue one from Westerly took me by surprise, thought that was a Corona color too. Looks a LOT like the Barry Gibb Songbird color, but a couple years earlier than that model, I think.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Steffan posted pictures of his former Corona D-25 in the below post. It had a more traditional Guild headstock logo in gold color (all the other Corona made D25s above seem to be newer and have a different white Fender created Guild logo with the letters actually too bold):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11586
Steffan's D25 was also not a real clean white as you see when you compare it to the "whiter" white of the binding. Not sure how this white Fender color was officially called.
Ralf

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Golly, Al, that blue is pretty INTENSE!! I like it, though. Like I said, they fascinate me for some reason..... maybe I'd want to collect all colors. :roll:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
davismanLV said:
Golly, Al, that blue is pretty INTENSE!! I like it, though. Like I said, they fascinate me for some reason..... maybe I'd want to collect all colors. :roll:
This is the first time I've ever seen 'em all in one thread.
Oh waitaminnit, I think Corona offered "black" too.
If you look real close at Stephan's white one, you can see some grain is visible through the finish, but I think it is a different color than the "Honey Blonde", that recent one was the first time I ever saw that color. And if you look close, that one's just a wee bit translucent as well.
In fact, now that I look really close, the Seafoam looks that way too..

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
adorshki said:
The Corona '25's blue was much darker translucent, ...
That "dark blue" color was officially called "Sapphire Blue Transparent".
Actually what some shops called "Seafoam Green" on the D25 was officially called "Surf Green". Corona had no color written on the labels of the guitars. I guess Fender dealers started to look what Fender color looked similar and called them with sometimes incorrect names. At least I found the "official" color codes for 2003 D-25 models as follows: (The "Chrimson" was clearly wrongly spelled below, it should be "Crimson Red Transparent" I think)

(720) Amber,
(727) Sapphire Blue Transparent,
(732) Brown Transparent,
(738) Chrimson Transparent,
(757) Surf Green,
(767) Honey Blonde

Ralf

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
Steffan posted pictures of his former Corona D-25 in the below post. It had a more traditional Guild headstock logo in gold color (all the other Corona made D25s above seem to be newer and have a different white Fender created Guild logo with the letters actually too bold):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11586
Steffan's D25 was also not a real clean white as you see when you compare it to the "whiter" white of the binding. Not sure how this white Fender color was officially called.
Ralf

Mine was almost more of a cream color, and more of a wash than paint, you could sort of see through it...loved that guitar, still miss it....Steffan

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
At the Orlando Show I went to in Florida (2010?), I stumbled upon a white Guild dread, sort of under a table with a bunch of other guitars...not really hidden, but not up front. It sort of amazed me, but cannot tell you what model it was, nor if the headstock was painted. By my memory though, it was very white, I'd call it "Olympic White," although that may have just been the lighting.

Had she been that cream color, I would have her locked into my memory much like the cheap Ric 320 I had to walk by... :cry:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
poser said:
Why am I suddenly gassing for a sea foam green D25? :roll:
It might be hard to get one...The color was called "Surf Green", not "Seafoam Green".
Fenders color chart shows a "Surf Green" and a "Foam Green" (which some people called "seafoam").
The "Surf Green" was originally used on 1957 Chevys whereas the "Foam Green" was a 1956 Buick color.
This is Fenders's original 1960 Custom Color Chart where you see both:
colorf60.jpg

On Fender guitars it looks like this, you see the "Surf Green" is the lighter green:
Seafoam-Surf.jpg

Ralf

poser

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
See sickness?

:D :D It's some kind of sickness, that's for sure. :mrgreen:

SFIV1967 said:
poser said:
Why am I suddenly gassing for a sea foam green D25? :roll:
It might be hard to get one...The color was called "Surf Green", not "Seafoam Green".
Fenders color chart shows a "Surf Green" and a "Foam Green" (which some people called "seafoam").
The "Surf Green" was originally used on 1957 Chevys whereas the "Foam Green" was a 1956 Buick color.
This is Fenders's original 1960 Custom Color Chart where you see both:
colorf60.jpg

On Fender guitars it looks like this, you see the "Surf Green" is the lighter green:
Seafoam-Surf.jpg

Ralf

Thanks for the clarification. Should I ever have the opportunity, I think I'd choose the Foam Green. :D

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
poser said:
Should I ever have the opportunity, I think I'd choose the Foam Green. :D
Well, you probably will not find one... At least I have not seen a Corona D25 in the darker "Foam Green". All D25 that I have seen were "Surf Green" only.
But it all depends on the light how they look like, this "surf green" here looks more like a turquoise in that picture:
DSC04460.jpg

Ralf

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, I don't know where you're getting these pictures, Ralf, but these are AWESOME!! I don't know why I have such a fascination with these colored D25's. That last one is a beauty and it has such a great background..... couldn't have picked a better color backdrop. I just want to take a bite out of one...... :wink: Those Fender color charts are fun too! Thanks for posting those.....