Guild RC20 Reverb Converter

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
This one is on Ebay now. Not many around ... didn't sell? Didn't last? See Guilds O Grot or Hans Moust about dates of manufacture. In pretty good condition; it imports a dry signal from another amp, fed through a volume control, and into the preamp. With the reverb switched off, it's a sweet little 6BM8 single-ended 10 watt amp. Auction includes Guild foot-switch with fluted ... or routed ... upper edges.

front.jpg

Except for using diode rectifiers, pretty much a dupe of the Gibson GA1RT; single 12AX7 for preamp and driver, triode half of the 6BM8 as the tremolo oscillator, and the 6BM8 pentode as the output tube. This model still has a death cap - red X - and two of the original power supply caps are getting ready to go south with blisters showing / magenta arrows:

chassis.jpg

The '371' EIA code on the alnico belongs to Best ... that's it ... Best; 10" ... almost anything newer would be a major uptick:

speaker.jpg

Thanks to an LTG member who found it taped to the back of his Guild 98RT, the schematic is available here in pdf form

schematic-1.jpg

For anyone with a 'dry' amp who wants to say good-bye to reverb via dig-pedals, this or Littlesongs' Ampeg EJ12A are the way to go. This one with a new cord, fresh caps, and a new speaker ... $150 or so ... would be a fine way to get both reverb and a stereo (dual mono) effect.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Sold $355 with 13 bids.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Standard Fender reverb tank. 8 ohm imput because you will most likely be alligator-clipped to an 8 ohm speaker on the signal source amp.

The EH Man

Reaction score
From some quick pokin' around the 'net I found it could be an Ampeg-style 4F tank. The high input impedance (1475 ohm) wouldn't interfere with the amp's output as much as a Fender-style's 8 ohm input. No idea what the output impedance would be.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I can't offer an opinion as I only have internet on the BBerry and I can't open pdfs yet. Pretty sure the Gibson GA1-rt has an 8 ohm input tank.