Jimi Hendrix Playing a Starfire VI

Jahn

Reaction score
Probably posted somewhere before, but since I'm on a VI bender these days I found it on the internet:

This link shows all the rundown of the number and type of guitars in the possession of star players:

http://www.warr.org/guitars.html

Jimi Hendrix
My source here was the wonderfully excessive biography Electric Gypsy.
Model Count Comments
Fender Stratocaster 42 A truly inflammatory love affair.
Fender Precision Bass 2 See, Hendrix preferred playing bass to playing almost any other guitar than a Strat.
Gibson Flying V 2 Jimi did have a sense of humor.
dreadnought acoustic 1 The exception that proves what a devoted electric player he really was.
Epiphone Wiltshire 1 He couldn't afford a Strat at first, so...
Guild Starfire VI 1 Borrowed at a jam session. Beautiful instrument in the ES-335 archtop semi-hollowbody jazz guitar class.

Note: I excluded a section of Electric Gypsy that documented ALL of Hendrix's many guitars, including one weird old axe after another - everything from a Fender Duo-Sonic to a Hofner Club 40. This would really have distorted the counts.
Another note: My strat counts are really conservative because I only count instruments when I can see them from the front. There are many other photos of Hendrix playing what must be Strats, but from the back.

hendrix_soul.jpg
This one looks like a legit lefty too, Jimi must have been happy not to have to flip one over this time.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
That's a wonderful shot. I know it's the first time I've ever seen it.
I seem to recall another one him with an electric Guild around here, from the very early days backing Little Richard on tour, I think it was, but it's blurry and the whole guitar's not visible.
FWIW, If you weren't aware, I think it's in Hans' book, a pic of a receipt from Manny's in New York for an acoustic 12er in his name. :wink:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Default said:
Ah, crap! the price on starfires just went up. :lol:
+1 :lol: :shock: :shock: :D :lol: