Sold: My beloved 2010 D-55

jazzmang

Reaction score
Hey LTGers!

I'm going to be buying my first house within a few months and its time to thin the herd in order to secure a decently sizable down payment!

First on the chopping block: My 2010 D-55 that I'd bought brand new.

Condition: I baby my guitars. It has a good setup and a new set of Elixir Medium strings.
Basically, it is as it was when it was brand new with 2 exceptions:

1) There is a white mark (see the final picture below). I can't feel it with my fingers. It is just a white mark in the finish. I don't know how long its been there, but the finish is unmarred and is totally smooth. :?:
2) There are the typical pick 'whispers' going across the pickguard. But thats why the pickguard is there :lol:

I'm posting her up here on LTG for a little while, as I'd prefer that she goes to someone that appreciates her.
Of course, if that happens, a donation will be sent to Don for the running of the LTG site as well.

Asking $1900. Includes insured shipping to continental 48 US states.

Somewhat sizable pictures are below:

DSC00196.JPG

DSC00200.JPG

DSC00201.JPG

DSC00206.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00210.JPG

DSC00211.JPG

DSC00212.JPG

White mark:
2012-02-21_17-53-42_701.jpg

Thanks guys and gals :)
While I'm looking forward to buying my first house, more guitars may be up on the chopping block soon. :cry:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: For Sale: My beloved 2010 D-55

Wow, can't think of too many good reasons to sell such a beautiful instrumen, but that is a good one, best of luck with the sale and the new chapter in your book of life...Steffan

learnintoplay62

Reaction score

Saawweeet. I've been looking for one, but have never palyed one. How does she sound and play. After having her for a year any changes ? Any old threads? Maybe , one never knows either way good luck with the sale :wink:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

Beautiful guitar Mike! I have my old stalwart D50, so I don't need another rosewood dread, but best wishes with the sale. 8)

jazzmang

Reaction score

She plays beautifully as she is. I've had her set up by Southeast Guitar Repair (authorized Guild shop!) to my specs. Nice, low action and great intonation all around.

Being a 1 year old guitar, I won't lie. She's still pretty stiff in comparison to some of my other older guitars. My 2010 F-50R is just as stiff.

Anyways, its got great bass response and clear mids and highs. Hmmm. What else can I say? She sounds like a new D-55 8)

The only old thread I had mentioned this one in was here: http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18532

Anyways, whoever ends up with this won't be disappointed at all. I wish I could keep her, but my other (more rare) guitars are the ones that I will keep with me.

SouthernSounds

Reaction score

Hey man!

Good luck with the sell of such a beautiful axe! & Success with this new era of your life! :D

All the best,

B.

P.S. Edited by a little mistake of who writes... :oops: :D

jazzmang

Reaction score

Thanks guys. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post up a video on youtube with some play time.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score

Jazzy, you've got to be dumping one of those DV72's? And if you do, Jeff might be interested.

West

jazzmang

Reaction score

West R Lee said:
Jazzy, you've got to be dumping one of those DV72's? And if you do, Jeff might be interested.

West

Haha as much as I don't want to, we'll have to see where my funds are at in the next month or so. I may have to let some more guitars go here... :cry:

Frosty

Reaction score

Gorgeous looking guitar! One of the most attractive guitar designs ever, IMO.
And a 'burst only makes it more so.

Good luck with finding a new home.

Greenwoods

Reaction score

Frosty said:
Gorgeous looking guitar! One of the most attractive guitar designs ever, IMO.
And a 'burst only makes it more so. Good luck with finding a new home.

No luck required. :D

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations to jazzmang and Greenwoods!!! That burst so great!!! :mrgreen:

jcwu

Reaction score

jazzmang said:
Haha as much as I don't want to, we'll have to see where my funds are at in the next month or so. I may have to let some more guitars go here... :cry:

Don't think of it as letting a guitar go; think of it as long-term babysitting. The way things go here at LTG with guitars changing hands between members, it'll likely make its way back to you again. :)

Sell the guitars, buy the house, then tap into the equity to buy the guitars back. Perfect solution!