The 4 new Guild resonator guitars - now on the Guild webpage

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now all 4 resonator guitars are shown on the Guild webpage (Links under big blue model name):

R-30:
"The Guild® R-30 is a round-neck resonator guitar with all-mahogany construction and the exclusive Reflect-O-Voice system, which consists of an internal sound reflecting plate and unique six-point open soundwell that provide maximum resonance and volume without becoming harsh. The result is pure and open sound with exceptional presence and remarkable string-to-string balance.
Other features include a hand-spun National® cone, “biscuit” bridge, 1 3/4” bone nut, rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays, rosewood headcap with pearl Chesterfield logo, and nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Available in Vintage Sunburst."
3853010835_alt_wlg_009.jpg

R-33E:
"The Guild® R-33E is a square-neck resonator guitar with all-mahogany construction and the exclusive Reflect-O-Voice system, which consists of an internal sound reflecting plate and unique six-point open soundwell that provide maximum resonance and volume without becoming harsh. The result is pure and open sound with exceptional presence and remarkable string-to-string balance, especially when combined with the R-33E’s hand-spun National® cone and spider bridge system.
Other features include a built-in Fishman® Nashville Series resonator pickup system (designed specifically for spider-style bridges to provide consistent and accurate sound reproduction), open sound ports, 1 7/8” bone nut, rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays, rosewood headcap with pearl Chesterfield logo, and nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Available in Natural."
3853307821_alt_wlg_010.jpg

R-35E:
"The Guild® R-35E is a square-neck resonator guitar with a flame maple body and the exclusive Reflect-O-Voice system, Which consists of an internal sound reflecting plate and unique six-point open soundwell that provide maximum resonance and volume without becoming harsh. The result is pure and open sound with exceptional presence and remarkable string-to-string balance, especially when combined with the R-35E’s hand-spun National® cone and spider bridge system.
Other features include a built-in Fishman® Nashville Series resonator pickup system (designed specifically for spider-style bridges to provide consistent and accurate sound reproduction), open sound ports, 1 7/8” bone nut, bound rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays, rosewood headcap with pearl Chesterfield logo, and nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Available in Vintage Sunburst."
3853507835_alt_wlg_012.jpg

R-37E:
"The Guild® R-37E is a square-neck resonator guitar with a beautiful flame koa body and the exclusive Reflect-O-Voice system, which consists of an internal sound reflecting plate and unique six-point open soundwell that provide maximum resonance and volume without becoming harsh. The result is pure, open sound with exceptional presence and remarkable string-to-string balance, especially when combined with the R-37E’s hand-spun National® cone and spider bridge system.
Other features include a built-in Fishman® Nashville Series resonator pickup system (designed specifically for spider-style bridges to provide consistent and accurate sound reproduction), open sound ports, 1 7/8” bone nut, bound striped ebony fingerboard with pearl and abalone block inlays, bound headstock with pearl Chesterfield logo, and nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Available in Natural."
3853707821_alt_wlg_011.jpg

Ralf

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
:shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

Nice! Who can be the first to actually find one and play it?? :wink:

Geo

Reaction score
I just want one of each. 8)

George

jazzmang

Reaction score
I want that old-school headstock logo on a D-55 please :)

zombywoof

Reaction score
Beautiful, just beautiful. Luckily I am a biscuit bridge, single cone kinda guy. Arghhhh, OK - maybe just a little bit of lust creeping in.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Has one of you seen one in shops already? I just noticed that Reno's Music in Fishers/IN might have a R-30, they posted that picture on their Facebook page. So they seem to roll out now.

482071_382613538472647_1259478930_n.jpg

Ralf

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Those are beautiful. I hope somebody picks one up and does a review...
Add another few guitars to my want list :mrgreen:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have not seen any prices on these yet. What are we talking about? $500? $2500? on the street or something in between? Any guesses as to where they are being made?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
I have not seen any prices on these yet. What are we talking about? $500? $2500? on the street or something in between? Any guesses as to where they are being made?

The R-30 is listed at $2300 retail at the Guild web-site.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
coastie99 said:
fronobulax said:

The R-30 is listed at $2300 retail at the Guild web-site.

Missed that. Thanks.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
fronobulax said:
Frono, we discussed that, Bing K. explained all 4 are made in New Hartford, using 9.5" (R-30) or 10.5" (the other 3) hand-spun National® cones, and MSRP is in the 2012 Pricelist.

If you are interested how the National® cones are hund-spun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfT-DkLeb8o

Ralf

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
They don't call them that, Darryl, but I do suspect there are not a lot of these. My guess is that they are of limited interest to the current Guild dealers. Hard to say. Authorized Guild dealers make orders through their area Fender reps, and those are what ultimately get to new New Hartford to plan their production. I don't think these resonators were produced due to Guild dealer demand (but I could be wrong!).

What you call "limited" is tantamount to the current GSR process which originates in two ways... One is where a Guild dealer places an order for a special product for 20 units or more. The other is the shop deciding to do a limited run of something (like the Starfires) and hoping for dealer demand.

These resos are part of the product line, though... There's nothing intentionally limited about them.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Does anybody know if these resos are a limited edition?
Darryl, you can also find them on page 7 of the 2012 Pricelist on the Guild webpage.
GSR (means limited) models are not in the standard pricelist, so it means the 4 Resonator models are in the normal product line.
Ralf