Pictures from Guild Plant in Ensenada, Mexico

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Pictures from Guild Plant in Ensenada, Mexico

GuildHeadstockStock.jpg

The Guild Logo has already been applied.

GuildFactoryinEnsenadaMexico.jpg

-frettedstrings

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Where did you find those pics?
That's pretty cool.
I'm still thinking about getting a D125 12.
I tried one yesterday and I thought it was really nice for around 600 bucks.
The all mahogany looks great to me!
145117265.jpg

workedinwesterly

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice picture Hideglue, makes me wish for the old days. As far as climate control no matter what Fender says the fact is they made them there for 40 years and all the guitars we all know and love were made there and no Corona, Tacoma or New Hartford Guild can come close to those guitars that Fender said couldn't be made there and the Gads are just an abomination and mockery of those guitars. Shame on Fender.

refret

Reaction score
I agree with WIW.
I have owned all kinds of Martins and Gibsons over the years, but still always come back to the Hoboken and Westerly guitars.
The '85 D-52 that I have is the most powerful and responsive guitar that I have ever owned.
Kicks the snot out of the late 70s HD-28 that I had. Even the old Gibson J-45s that I have owned do not compare.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry hideglue. Being called to task for double standards. No biggie.

Regardless, thank you for the picture of your workspace earlier. Any chance you can join us for LMG3 in October!?!

dagdred

Reaction score
:?: :roll:

Any of you cognoscenti with the time for the new kids, what is the story with Ensenada?

I thought model D4 was about it.

What is WiW saying? That you posters did not like the guitars from corona and tacoma and conn.?

Win with this bid sniper
refimg.php3

6L6

Reaction score
I've owned Guild guitars made in every location except NH and loved every one of them.

Bill

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
dagdred said:
... what is the story with Ensenada? I thought model D4 was about it.
See also the two links in Frono's post above. The Fender factory in Ensenada took over the production of the Guild DV-4 and DV-6 around the time when the factory in NH started, and now they make the 3 new Guild ARCOS (arched) models: http://www.guildguitars.com/instruments ... cos+Series
I have a new NH made GSR F-30 Rosewood and only can say that the latest Guilds build in NH are outstanding guitars. But I also have seen really good Corona and Tacoma build Guilds.
Ralf

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Well, North American built (Mexico), sure beats the dogwood out of Chinese built axes.
Unfortunately, the 3rd world's less restrictive environmental laws, coupled with the significant lower cost of labor, is killing what's left of Our industrial base, in the USA. :?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
dagdred said:
:?: :roll:

Any of you cognoscenti with the time for the new kids, what is the story with Ensenada?

I thought model D4 was about it.

What is WiW saying? That you posters did not like the guitars from corona and tacoma and conn.?

Win with this bid sniper
refimg.php3

Probably have to search for the answer since I'd rather not revisit that can of worms in yet another thread. Suffice it to say that everyone has an opinion and many people's opinions do not agree. Like most opinions, many are based on objective facts, some are based upon experience and some seem based on factors that have very little to do with guitars. Your paraphrase of WiW is correct if you change "you posters" to "some posters". Most useful way to approach the subject, if you really don't want to go looking, would be to start a new thread and ask a question comparing specific models and ask for comparisons, or post an open ended question such as "I play acoustic only in a home church setting. I like dreads and need something loud enough to cut through conversations and to lead the singing. My budget is $500 until we pass the plate some more. What's the best Guild for me?".

What is
? Any chance that if I follow the link it would be commercial enough to violate policy?

Pikemusic

Reaction score
workedinwesterly said:
Nice picture Hideglue, makes me wish for the old days. As far as climate control no matter what Fender says the fact is they made them there for 40 years and all the guitars we all know and love were made there and no Corona, Tacoma or New Hartford Guild can come close to those guitars that Fender said couldn't be made there and the Gads are just an abomination and mockery of those guitars. Shame on Fender.

Well, the greatest guitars I´ve played and of course still play, are made in Westerly...my deeply beloved `83 D-25 and my shimmering and glimmering `82 212XL are my main studio-guitars....No guitars has that deep ardour, melancholy and hopeful tone like the Westerly´s.....

Though, I would really like to buy a D-15-12 from the eighties, but they´re in fact impossible to get, it seems.....so the
only alternative today, if one´s desire is to get an all mahogany 12-string Guild(I once owned one of these), is to buy the D-125-12....What do you think, WorkedinWesterly? are these any as good as the Westerly D-15-12´s? or is it a joke to even make a comparison?

Jens Raven Holma, composer=pikemusic