"My First Guild" -- post your photos here.

dbirchett

Reaction score
A little late to the party both in terms of the post and Guild Ownership.

Here it is in action:

PICT1045.jpg

An X-170 to which I added a Guildsby.

Here it is with my second:

DSC_0084.jpg

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
Luv the little PUPS !!, even the ones on those great looking Guilds !!! great photos, thankyou J

Wilfred

Reaction score
yc1n.jpg

My first Guild is this 1977 B-301. It got my Guild juices flowing, it got me in touch with Hans, who told me that it was heavily modified (what did I know back then, nothing) and who recommended to buy his book, which I did (the original signed hardcover).

It also led me to my first experiments in guitar tinkering. Since then I've stripped it to the bare wood, removed the frets, filled the slots and finished the fretboard with several layers of yacht lacquer 'Jaco style'. You've guessed correctly, I've still got it, and it waits for me to collect enough inspiration and motivation to bring it back to life again!

The case interior was made from scratch by my girlfriend. She did a great job!

Last edited:

NEONMOONY

Reaction score
OK, so at first, when this tread was started, I wasn't even going to look at it. I didn't want to read all the sappy stories about long lost guitars and so on. However, over this past weekend, I opened the thread, got sucked in and read through the whole thing. So, here's mine. A DV52 that had been hanging, new, for several years in a store that was a pawn shop/Fender dealer. It hung long enough that the rubber from the hanger had stuck to the neck. Over the years it's been my go to acoustic, taken a real beating going to jams, open mics, practices, paid gigs etc. and I still love playing it.
URL
DSC_0031A_zps4990117d.jpg
[/URL]

As Pascal said, that started the disease.
[URL
DSC_0028_zpse7209428.jpg
[/URL]

Yoko Oh No

Reaction score
OK, so at first, when this tread was started, I wasn't even going to look at it. I didn't want to read all the sappy stories about long lost guitars and so on. However, over this past weekend, I opened the thread, got sucked in and read through the whole thing. So, here's mine. A DV52 that had been hanging, new, for several years in a store that was a pawn shop/Fender dealer. It hung long enough that the rubber from the hanger had stuck to the neck. Over the years it's been my go to acoustic, taken a real beating going to jams, open mics, practices, paid gigs etc. and I still love playing it.
URL
DSC_0031A_zps4990117d.jpg
[/URL]

As Pascal said, that started the disease.
[URL
DSC_0028_zpse7209428.jpg
[/URL]

that is AWESOME!!! You're one sick puppy!

tommym

Reaction score
The history of my 1972 F-30 NT is in my signature below.....

It's the one that I always kicked myself in the butt for selling; my first Guild. Most of us don't ever get a second chance on the "one" that got away, but I did in 2013. This one goes to the grave with me.

P4220002.JPG

Pine Apple Slim

Reaction score
My first Guild was one of these
200U-695_front.jpg

I didnt keep it long. Sounded great plugged in but it was just too darn big and still not useful unplugged.
Im not that big a guy, 5'7" or so. It put my arm to sleep reaching around it.
Traded it for one of these which was really sweet. I was stupid to get rid of it.
Guild.Front.jpg

Thats it for the Guilds I've owned except for my new one
7ebaae16-978e-40cc-aee0-32202454e0c2_zpsaacadc91.jpg

No guitars? Nope. I like them tho. Have been around quite a few, esp acoustics.

tommym

Reaction score
Please reconsider that decision, Tommy. I'd be happy to give it a good home, should you decide to go before I do. :playful:

Joe

OK, you'll be the first in line if and when I decide that it's time to sell........:culpability:

Tommy