Guild F20 1969 price drop again $999 incl CONUS shipping

Curlington

Reaction score
Guild F20 1969 sacrifice $999 includes CONUS shipping. Hoboken label but built at Westerly.

The pictures make the finish dings and dongs look worse than in real life. I wanted to be thorough and took many shots with different lighting.

Pictures at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/DaveandMara1/GuildF201968September202012?authkey=Gv1sRgCObovYH_2baCkgE#

Articulate tone. Some cosmetic marks as described but it is fundamentally sound. Everything is original and in working order, and it stays in tune. The honest wear comes with the territory. It had the neck reset and a refret job last year. This guitar has absolutely no issues. The action at the 12th low e is 3/32”. It is not loud but I don’t think these were designed to be loud.

The finish is lightly flaking at several limited spots (see pictures), but the underlying wood is not gouged other than the headstock is slightly rounded a bit in places on the edge, as you can see in the pictures. The headstock veneer is curled slightly on the edges. There are two significant dings on the neck, but not in a place that affects play. There is a horizontal stand burn on the finish up the neck, and occasionally I have experienced the neck finish getting just slightly tacky in the right meteorological conditions. I am overstating the flaws in the interest of full disclosure. This guitar has been around the block but it's a fun old Guild.

Beautiful woods are totally solid, with just one slight, stable surface crack near the pickguard (please see pictures). The crack does not extend to the soundhole or to the other side of the bridge. The Luthier saw no need to cleat it or otherwise do anything to it.

It’s very fun to fool around with, although I strum/flatpick with runs mostly, and I’m not really a fingerstyler. It has a distinctive woody, ringing clear tone. I have about $1,200 into it with the new Superior case, which fits perfectly.

No shipping outside the US, please. Paypal and U.S. Postal Money Orders only, please. 72 hour approval for LTG posters.

Curlington

Reaction score
Re: Guild F20 1969 for $1100 plus actual shipping

The weather will be breaking any time and I will be willing to ship. I would love to sell it on LTG and make a donation, but if not, its going to AGF and UMGF, and then ebay. Please let me know if there are any questions. [Edit: I changed my mind and have no immediate plans to market it elsewhere].

Last edited:

hey_day

Reaction score
Re: Guild F20 1969 price drop again $999 plus actual shipping

What's the scale length on this? Any neck resets?

Curlington

Reaction score

It had the neck reset and a refret job about a year ago. Plays really well. Scale length is on the short side, 24 3/4" or 24 5/8". Thanks for your interest.

whoahhh

Reaction score

Crazy... I've always wanted one of these and it sounds like a super deal. Surprised it's still sitting here.

Curlington

Reaction score
Even crazier! Guild F20 1969 $999 including CONUS shipping

In honor of your bump and and thanks for your interest, even crazier, I will include shipping for this price.

glawton2

Reaction score
Dave sells a mean guitar - I should know as I've bought 2 of his. Both great guitars
and great deals to boot. And he's a great guy to do biz with.
Good luck Dave. Wish I could.
Geoff