Frank U. news...

cmatthes

Reaction score
Hope this isn't old news, but I heard from Frank Untermyer today, and he's landed safe and sound in Nazareth, PA. Starting on Monday (also Frank's birthday!), he takes charge as Martin's Director of Supply Chain.

Happy that he landed in a great place, and thought I'd share the good news.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
cmatthes said:
Hope this isn't old news, but I heard from Frank Untermyer today, and he's landed safe and sound in Nazareth, PA. Starting on Monday (also Frank's birthday!), he takes charge as Martin's Director of Supply Chain.

Uh, was he laid off or what? I still remember him chocking one of the factory team over producing D-25's. :lol: Glad he's working. :D

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I guess after 34 years being with Hamer USA Guitars , Ovation, Guild, Fender Acoustic as well as Gretsch USA Drums he probably was just looking for a new opportunity. And Director Supply Chain C.F. Martin & Co is a pretty good opportunity I guess.
Ralf

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
cmatthes said:

I wasn't aware that Frank had left, though I probably should have surmised that from the welcome package for LMG3. It looks like he's landed in a good place though.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmmm, must have read the NY Times article. :wink:

On a more serious note, I find this very interesting and even a little disturbing.

There's usually a story when a long time employee leaves a company. Maybe we'll find that out at LMG.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Frank U. led the tour of the Guild factory I was in last year. ( there were a few 'tour guides' that took us around the place. I was happy to be in Franks group.) I remember being very impressed with his knowledge and experience in ALL aspects of the manufacturing of Guild guitars. There wasn't a question he couldn't answer in great detail. A very knowledgeable, articulate, and passionate man.
I think the folks there at Guild will miss him.
Or perhaps...or "as well", He gave all he had to give there, 'done' what he came to do, and now it's time to move on to another place where he can step in, and change things for the better.
I like the guy, and wish him luck. He has allot to offer wherever he goes. :wink:

marcellis

Reaction score
The Guilds of Grot said:
Hmmm, must have read the NY Times article. :wink:

On a more serious note, I find this very interesting and even a little disturbing.

There's usually a story when a long time employee leaves a company. Maybe we'll find that out at LMG.

Not a good sign in the wake of the NYT article.