The new Emeraldfire III

mbrindell

Reaction score
Hi again friends, Just got the Green '62 Starfire III this morning. Inside the label it is called an Emeraldfire III. It is everything I was hoping for. The finish is outstanding and the guitar itself is in a good 9 of 10 condition. All the binding and peghead laminate are perfect. There is some finish wear on the back of the neck but that's all. Maybe a couple of very small dings and scratches that are hardly noticeable. Absolutely no buckle rash whatsoever. It even came with a very old guitar strap that matches it perfectly. I'll have to use that one. I adjusted the truss rod a bit and set the bridge and intonation. It plays like an absolute dream. I just couldn't ask for a better one. I am certainly glad I waited now. I have to pick up my amp tomorrow morning to check the sound, but with it's condition I am certain there will be no major issues. But I wanted to get a couple of pix up here. I have more up close, in depth pix but I stood it next to my '63 Cherry SF III with Dearmonds and they are a perfect pair. Now the hunt for an ebony SF to match begins. It may take a while but I am confident that I will find one. And the X350 arrives tomorrow. So for now enjoy these pix. Sorry if the may be just a bit blurry. And thanks for all your wonderful comments on my previous post.
greenandred_zps817cd19e.jpg

bothbodies_zps5a8ced13.jpg

Just maybe I will swap the bigsbys and put the cleaner one on the Emeraldfire.

mbrindell

Reaction score
I would like a burst and an ebony and an amber and an... All SF III models preferably with Dearmonds, but I do love the mini humbuckers as well.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! That Emeraldfire is in great condition - two beauties!!

walrus

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Very nice! The green is difficult to photograph, but if the lighting is right they are stunning! I used to have a 1970 SFIII with factory deArmonds and it usually photographed as black. I sold that one due to an extremely thin (uncomfortable to me) neck.

Reaction score
That's a beautiful pair. I think I am experiencing deArmond envy.
Thanks john

mbrindell

Reaction score
Thank you all for the nice comments. HM asked me to send him a photo of the label. It actually says Emerald Star, Not emerald fire. The label is a bit worn, but he was able to make it out better than I could. Thanks