FS 2003 Guild JF30-12 Burst!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
So here I am selling one that I thought I'd never sell, but never say never, I guess!

2003 JF30-12 Antique Burst in excellent+ condition with many upgrades. It rings like a bell like only a Guild maple jumbo 12er can. It was dead mint until I made the mistake of playing it out at a friend's birthday party last summer, and somebody must have dropped something on it while it was in its stand. Shame on me I guess, for putting a perfect condition guitar in that kind of position. I've learned not to do that again...

Looks immaculate from a few feet away, as can be seen in these shots.

8550174024_568c9c7800_b.jpg

8549075239_aa482fffff_b.jpg

Guitar was setup by my luthier, and includes an upgraded bone nut and saddle, and a K&K Western pickup (not a mini). This is the K&K that is meant specifically for 12 strings, and my luthier told me it was a bit of a bear to install (which was reflected in what he charged me to do it). Tons of saddle for future action reduction if needed, and super low action. Plays like a dream right now.

8550175678_7fbb41de39_b.jpg

Not only is the action low, this is one of the JF30-12s that has an ebony fretboard and bridge. Most if not all of the earlier Westerlys had rosewood for the fretboard and bridge, though Hans might correct me on that.

8549077209_63f3382892_b.jpg

In this next shot you can see the lone damage on this one up close. It still upsets me, but it's there, and there's not much I can do about it. :(

8550176108_a763236e62_b.jpg

The back is perfect, and the machines are as well, as can be seen in the following pictures. another thing I've noticed is that this guitar has perhaps the best nitro finish that I've seen on any guitar, certainly on any of mine. For those that think that Corona Guilds were somehow sub-par (which I don't believe for a minute), I'll hold this one up as proof to the contrary.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8550176108_a763236e62_b.jpg
8549075989_18df9dc1a9_b.jpg

8550176708_e85a7d9b06_b.jpg

Comes with a premium original Guild branded TKL arch top case that's perfect, and includes all original case candy and key. Not a mark to be found on it

8549078703_e6de0ffdf6_b.jpg

8549078359_3a266f5d09_b.jpg

I've got more into this one than my price of $1150 so that's pretty firm, and I'd prefer payment by check or Money Order, or PayPal "gift" or "payment owed" so I don't have to eat any fees. I have many successful transactions here and elsewhere, and offer an absolute 72 hour examination period. I will accept returns as long as you cover shipping both ways and return it in the same condition it left here. Shipping via Fedex Ground to the lower 48; ask me about other places.

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Oh Sweet Jesus :shock: you are killing us all. That is stunning. If it was a 6'er I'd be selling things off left and right. I might make this my homepage :wink:
Honestly, good luck with the sale. Someone's gonna be happy....sigh

charliea

Reaction score
I recently put a couple of divots, similar to that damage, in the top of my 412. Knocked a mic stand over onto it. My bad. The good news is, I've had stuff like that repaired by Fixit for not a whole lot of bucks. A good guitar guy can really do wonders on the top of a 'burst guitar, and those marks will be gone for pretty cheap. I plan to get mine repaired soon.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
charliea said:
I recently put a couple of divots, similar to that damage, in the top of my 412. Knocked a mic stand over onto it. My bad. The good news is, I've had stuff like that repaired by Fixit for not a whole lot of bucks. A good guitar guy can really do wonders on the top of a 'burst guitar, and those marks will be gone for pretty cheap. I plan to get mine repaired soon.

I wish I lived as close to Tom as you do Charlie. It would cost me the best part of $100 in shipping both ways before he even touched it I'm afraid. I've asked Mike up here about it, and could tell he wasn't really keen, but maybe I should ask him again.

Memphis

Reaction score
Any potential buyers would be getting a great deal from a real stand-up guy. And Sandy has an eye/ear for amazing jumbos! Trust me, I know. Thanks again Sandy. :wink:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't have read this thread :roll: I do know better but......I jaywalk too....................................ebony huh :? Steffan

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Memphis said:
Any potential buyers would be getting a great deal from a real stand-up guy. And Sandy has an eye/ear for amazing jumbos! Trust me, I know. Thanks again Sandy. :wink:

Thanks Hart! I'm looking forward to seeing that grand JF55 in a couple of weeks time in Nashville.

In case you missed it in the other thread, the JF30-12 has been sold pending ding repair and payment, and is moving to warmer climes. 8)

Reaction score
Just a follow up!!!! The guitar arrived yesterday....... Best word to describe WOW !!!!!!!! Sandy is awesome !!! I know everyone already knows that but I wanted to say without a doubt I am grateful and awed by it. Really nice is not fair to the guitar !!! It is much more than that. It made it across the highway and got up on my porch so its home from now on !! Sandy did an awesome job packing... It could have been dropped by helicopter and would have made it fine !!! :shock: 8)
Sandy thanks again !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Texasdave75229 said:
Just a follow up!!!! The guitar arrived yesterday....... Best word to describe WOW !!!!!!!! Sandy is awesome !!! I know everyone already knows that but I wanted to say without a doubt I am grateful and awed by it. Really nice is not fair to the guitar !!! It is much more than that. It made it across the highway and got up on my porch so its home from now on !! Sandy did an awesome job packing... It could have been dropped by helicopter and would have made it fine !!! :shock: 8)

You're most welcome Dave! Enjoy that beauty: Mrs. Two is still a little sore at me for selling it!

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Texasdave75229 said:

You're most welcome Dave! Enjoy that beauty: Mrs. Two is still a little sore at me for selling it!

I understand..... Heck can you clone her mine is not so understanding of guitars :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: