Guild t-50 value?

devonteran

Reaction score
A friend of mine used my 1965 t-50 last week and fell in love. I'm not looking to sell, buy he's definitely looking to buy. Mine plays great, but was pretty beat up before I got it, and I bought it on a lark, so I really don't have a reference point for value.

What are these guitars going for these days? I know Guild switched pickups around a little in that time, are there any features he should keep an eye out for?

What about other models (a50, x50)? What's the actual difference?

Are there any dealers he should check out?

jimmyl51

Reaction score
Unfortunately if it is pretty beat up it would hard to value it at any more than $1000 at best IMHO..........jim in Maine

jimmyl51

Reaction score
I might add that a Guild with a cutaway carries more value versus a non-cutaway......jim

devonteran

Reaction score
I'm not looking to sell mine. I just want to help him figure out a ballpark range to buy his own.

tjmangum

Reaction score
I picked one up at the Arlington Show several years ago for, I think, $750. Has replacement knobs, but a great sound and feel. If any one has interest I can post more pics and sell for that amount shipped in the lower 48. I'm still blessed to have too many great guitars and I hardly touch this one.
T

mbrindell

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have seen many T-50s sell on ebay over the last few years. They range from about $700 to $1300 depending on what pickup it has. Franz versus Mickey mouse, condition, if it has an original case or not, etc... My brother just sold his 1961 T50 with franz pup and added Guildsby for $1399 on ebay a month or so ago. But it was also nice and clean. The X50 is exactly the same guitar but the body depth is a bit deeper at about 2.75 inches. In fact, I love my X50. It's one of my favorite Guilds. Super easy to play. The A50 is basically the same as the X50 but with no pickup. The "A" standing for "acoustic", but it has a laminated top. Not solid like other Guild A series guitars. But on ebay at least people are now asking higher prices. And of course they are listed over and over again. This is because the Bay has just increased fees once again. So for people just to make their money back they have to get more for their items. Thanks again Ebay. MB

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am new to the forum...and I am here only because I have a 1962 Guild T50 Cordoba Slim guitar in its original case to sell. It belonged to my brother. It's is excellent condition. I can post pictures if you'd like. Serial number is 22056. I'd love to know it is going to a Guild fan.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, please. Post pictures.

( You need to have them hosted somewhere, and then link to them here )

Reaction score
If your friend is looking for a T-50, I have one from 1962 for sale. It's in excellent shape. Can send you / your friend pictures. Guitar is in Connecticut.

KidAfterDark

Reaction score
Xpqj9S

http://flic.kr/p/Xpqj9S

After the terrible experience I had purchasing and returning a Guild T-100 that was horribly altered, I was able
to pick up this beautiful Guild T-50 from Deb
on this forum! I love happy endings! Here’s a pic
of “Ella”, my 1962 Guild T-50 with my Hofner CT Club.