Guild M30 Del Rio

Reaction score
Hi all...I've been a Guild converse since I discovered flat top sustain in it's purest form: the M20. I've bought a total of 5 vintage M20s on the EBAY for myself and friends, though at present, I only have one to my name, a 1968 cherry red that sounds gorgeous both acoustic and through the Fishman Rare Earth I have installed.
But one day, gawking at all the candy on the Guild page I suddenly came up with a rare surprise I didn't even know existed. Upon encountering a Guild M30 for sale I just HAD TO HAVE THAT GUITAR! I got it (though it wasn't cheap).
To date, all the info I have on the guitar is that it was produced between 58 and 65 (mine is a 1962 issue), sports the secondary name "Del Rio" and by the looks of things, must only have been produced to the tune of some 200 or 300 guitars. Oh, and that it sounds amazing!

These days, with finances in array, I had contemplated selling the gem of my collection though I would like to have some more info on what I have, and an estimate of it's present worth. I've not yet decided to let it go, but am definitely having a look at it's sale value.

Can anyone supply any info?

Thanks.
Chris

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I can't help with your question, but I'm sure there will be some experts around soon …
So: Welcome to LMG!
Markus :)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I assume from your "join date" that a "welcome" is in order - so Welcome!

walrus

geoguy

Reaction score
Welcome . . . :D

A quick Google search shows that the M30 was produced in 1961 & 1962, & that the instrument's original cost in 1961 was US$115. An inflation calculator says that $115 would be worth US$861 today, but I don't know how much a prospective buyer would pay for your guitar.

Some info at the following link, although perhaps Hans Moust's Guild bible would have more info: http://books.google.com/books?id=x_...Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=guild m30 del rio&f=false

poser

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Of course the value is determined by many things - the condition of the guitar included. But for some perspective, an old M-20 made in the old Hoboken factory just sold on eBay for about $1800.

If you're up to figuring out how to post images, we'd all love to see some photos of that M-30.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
According to the 2012 Vintage Guitar Guide, an M-30 in good to excellent condition has a value range from $1100-1350.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Here is my 59.
P1060664_zps53a19c29.jpg

P1060661_zpsde9b3e73.jpg

john_m

Reaction score
Hi Chris, welcome to LTG! It's always a sad thing to lose something you love. I can't help you with your questions, but I hope everything turns out in your favor.

Treem, thanks for posting those photos! Your M30 looks gorgeous! :)

Reaction score
Hi all...and thanks for the warm welcome! I keep on telling my friends that Guild owners are real special people....

Well, the info is all quite handy. To tell the truth, back in 2006, when I bought it, it put me out a total of some $1600 due to postage and import tax (I got her on the EBAY from the States to Spain, sale price was $1300).
Poser, you make a mention of the EBAY sale price of an M20 at $1800, well I must say that they've gone stupid. I continuously watch for M20s, and over the past 4 years, they've virtually disappeared. Lots of M120s but the vintage issues are being hoarded somewhere, and whenever one does come up, they are usually well over $1000. To think that I've bought a total of 5, none over $600. Pity they ddn't stick to my fingers to speculate with. The only one of those that I sold (the rest except for mine were for friends) brought in 1200€ (some $1560!). Therefore, I had imagined that the M30 (much rarer) would be worth quite a bit more...
Definitely I'm keeping her unless prices soar at some point in the future. It's bad enough to let her go, to have to do so at a pittance would be unforgivable.
For those of you that are curious, it sounds supurb, with real individual string definition, though I have found that in recording, she sounds a bit thin as opposed to the M20 that sounds massive (my usual recording guitar).
I'll attempt to post some pix if I can work out how...

Be groovy, all!

PS - Have attempted to post pix but can't seem to work it out... If someone can give me instructions on how to post a JPG, I will in a future post...

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
PS - Have attempted to post pix but can't seem to work it out... If someone can give me instructions on how to post a JPG, I will in a future post...
You see there is a button "Insert Picture" right to the two globes. Here you need to insert the direct link to wherever you host your pictures. You need to have your pictures hosted somewhere else, not here. (like Photobucket or ImageShack or any other Photo hosting webpage).
Ralf

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You see there is a button "Insert Picture" right to the two globes. Here you need to insert the direct link to wherever you host your pictures. You need to have your pictures hosted somewhere else, not here. (like Photobucket or ImageShack or any other Photo hosting webpage).
Ralf
Ralf,
I sent a PM about your comment but it doesn't show in my Outbox if it went out or not, so could you explain, please.

Thanks,
Joe