Bluesbirds: Owners & Long Time Borrowers List

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My Bluesbird has a serial number with a CH prefix. Every "Date Your Guild" site I've been to lists the CH prefix as a '90s D4-12 acoustic and nothing else. Anybody here have any knowledge of how that could be? The neck appears to be a normal BB neck/board and doesn't look anything like the D4-12. The serial configuration is CH000xxx

Hello TommyG,

Welcome! You probably have a Corona made Bluesbird with a serial number that starts with CM000xxx. These serial numbers are not always all that clear and the letter M might look like an H.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

sugabear2133

Reaction score
Here is my Bluesbird CL000894
I've had it for 6 years now.

IMG_2452_zpssczqutz7.jpg
[/URL]

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I would lift my gold hardware ban for that beauty.

vastier

Reaction score
To you folks who are more Guild-wise than I, there is a bluesbird listed on both Ebay and Reverb and I am in love with the natural maple top. The asking price is $1500 and I notice it has been listed on Reverb for 5 months. I'm curious why this might be listed for this long. Is the price on the high side? It seems in wonderful condition with the exception of some spotting or pitting on the bridge. Any thoughts on that?

https://reverb.com/item/297323-used-guild-bluesbird-electric-guitar-natural-finish

Hope I've posted this query where it belongs, but scold me if you have to.

Rick

Reaction score
I am new to the Guild family. My recently acquired '99 Bluesbird. I am a long time Gibson, Fender, G&L owner....and I still have a couple of each. My new baby is really making them jealous. What a gem to play!!!

Bluesbird_zpsr4jiuuw2.jpg.html

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I finally found the time to take some pictures of my 2000 Blues 90. It's a wonderful guitar, but unfortunately I am going to have to let it go so I can get some work done to my car. The serial number is CL001999. If I didn't have two of these I would be holding on to this one for sure.

zj8x2GR.jpg

QDOig6F.jpg

6jdy4fA.jpg

OGXyGz4.jpg

gVeLKdN.jpg

Hanover Fist

Reaction score
To you folks who are more Guild-wise than I, there is a bluesbird listed on both Ebay and Reverb and I am in love with the natural maple top. The asking price is $1500 and I notice it has been listed on Reverb for 5 months. I'm curious why this might be listed for this long. Is the price on the high side? It seems in wonderful condition with the exception of some spotting or pitting on the bridge. Any thoughts on that?

https://reverb.com/item/297323-used-...natural-finish

Hope I've posted this query where it belongs, but scold me if you have to.

Rick

I'm the one that bought it. It's in as good a shape as described. I may put some single coils in it.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Red-headed stepchild/black sheep cousin here - I've recently acquired a Dearmond M-75, Moon Blue in flavor, which I'm attempting to restore. The gold leaf/plate or whatever it is on the pickups is peeling in a couple spots and I'm looking for any suggestions for touching them up without affecting the function. Anyone have any info?

Reaction score
I think this is a Corona built Blues 90. Can anyone confirm the build date? Serial number is CM000504
frontlarge.jpg
http://www.vintagemandolin.com/images/98guildaaabluesbirdp90_cm000504/backlarge.jpg