Bluesbirds: Owners & Long Time Borrowers List

Guildocaster

Reaction score
Shipping - Blaine Washington Home - Pitt Meadows B
Guild Total
I think I have figured out how to post pictures. The Cherry Burst P90 is serial number CM000523, Corona made but not sure what year. Can someone let me know?

The Tobacco Burst in the next picture is serial # CL001458. The seller said it is a 1999 but could be a 1998. Can someone also confirm the year for this guitar? As you can see, one knob has been replaced as the original was broken to pieces during shipping of the guitar. Fortunately that was the only damage. I am looking for a replacement knob if anyone has one they are willing to sell.
Thanks!
Dave

QzDi7ldl.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Oh, I love the angled grain on the Cherry Burst! Sweet!

walrus

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
serial number CM000523, Corona made but not sure what year.
...serial # CL001458. The seller said it is a 1999 but could be a 1998. Can someone also confirm the year for this guitar?
CM000523 is most probably 2002. To compare CM000598 was early 2003. But only Hans would know for sure.
CL001458 is definitely year 1998.
Ralf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Brand new member. I picked up a 2002 Bluesbird, model 360-6400-820 in a pawn shop. Very good condition AAA Flamed Maple top, with SD 59 pups. Sound great and the neck is a pleasure to play on. I’m wanting to change out the pots with CTS 500k. My delima is I have two matching 472k pots and two 503k pots. How would I set them up? Tone/Volume.

Mr. Lumbergh

Reaction score
I finally just joined this club this evening. I've been on the hunt for something Lesterish or SGish to add to my current stable of Fenders and Gretsches, but never got along with any of the Gibson examples I've found in stores. I came across an Ebait ad for a "refurbished" Bluesbird in black. The ad said that there were no flaws found when it was received, and was just given a setup. I guess Guild sells them back as refurb/seconds if they've been returned, or for generally minor issues?
In any event it looked dead mint in the photos, and the starting bid was $475. So I went ahead and bid $475, and lo and behold... Should be here a week from Tuesday. :cool:

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
These guitars are seriously under valued in my opinion... and I hope it stays that way!

Left to Right: 1997 Bluesbird, 2000 Blues 90, 2002 Bluesbird

CfRrIhL.jpg

0NEEs5R.jpg

ccWiM46.jpg

Reaction score
Mine is a '73. Solid mahogany, natural finish. It has the master volume and a phase switch. I bought it from Elderly, sight unseen. It looks like it's never been played. The serial number is 82533. Just a great super versatile guitar! (Sorry, I don't really do photos).

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Looking at those guitars from behind I see serious resemblance to Songbird.
Except for different covers for cavities they seem to be about identical.
Same body - same neck w different angle - different top - hardware.
Anything else?

Just whirling silly thoughts here - if I put a hot humbucker into soundhole and connect it to my Marshall JMP-1 preamp - how close do I get w Songbird vs a Bluesbird ???

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Mine is a '73. Solid mahogany, natural finish. It has the master volume and a phase switch. I bought it from Elderly, sight unseen. It looks like it's never been played. The serial number is 82533. Just a great super versatile guitar! (Sorry, I don't really do photos).

Cool! I've had my hands on a couple of solid Bluesbirds that've passed through Elderly. When did you get yours? Maybe I've played it. :)

-Dave-

Reaction score
About 2 months ago. I always told myself if I saw one and had the money, I'd get it. I'm really glad I did!