Bluesbirds: Owners & Long Time Borrowers List

RussB

Reaction score
Here's my 2000 Bluesbird, # CL002553. This guitar once belonged to a Westerly employee, who installed the Guildsby. I initially removed the Guildsby, only to recently re-install it with a Towner downbar in place of the hokey homemade tailpiece that was there...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The color I assume is called "transparent blacK' simply because it's not at all opaque. Maybe someone who knows better what the "official" color is?
dsc01239bm.jpg
There's a copy of the 2001 price list over on "Westerlyguildguitars.com" and it shows "Ebony Transparent", available on the Blues 90 only, the other two got actual "Black".

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Alan,
Also the official name of the color is "Black Transparent" correct?
Actually, "Ebony Transparent as I just mentioned to Alan.
You might want to see the price lists over here:
http://westerlyguildguitars.com/pricelists.htm
Only a few years but maybe some of the details will be of interest to you, such as what colors were available.
Guild was pretty flexible about accepting custom orders too, especially for custom colors.

gilded

Reaction score
Fixit, I tried to PM you about your photobucket link, but your old saved messages won't allow any new messages to come in, here at the new Board. Please clear out some space and contact me.

Thanks, Harry aka gilded

StanBlues

Reaction score
Russ.....
Love this guitar.... what is the color/finish? Is it a AAA Top Natural perhaps?
In any case let me know.....So I can list it correctly....
Rock on
d

StanBlues

Reaction score
Fixit,
The '69 is awesome...
Color is ??? maybe sunburst? let me know.... you are on the books!

Rock on
d

StanBlues

Reaction score
Picky,
Great guitar! Color 821, Natural. I think.
Last of the Westerly BB's or pretty close to it I imagine......
I will get her listed.

Rock on
d

StanBlues

Reaction score
Wilfred,
I will list you but you still owe us at least a few shots of your '97!
At least send me color, style (Standard or AAA) and serial number if you like.
Let's get going here!

Rock on

D

StanBlues

Reaction score
"Stan just tried to access your album and I was denied permission to look at it. not sure what's up with that but maybe it's a case that you only have access to yourown album?"

Default,
Don't know if i replied to you or not.... been busy today!!
I created that album and probably did so when the site was just getting back up and running with the new service....
anyway.... I cannot access it either.....
Perhaps something to do with permissions or storage availability, but I think it would be nice to take the bluesbirds from here and create an album with them....
we'll see maybe after a while we can do something....
Rock on
d

Wilfred

Reaction score
Allright then! My '97 Bluesbird serial# CL000721. The sunburst finish really defines the term and is one of the best of its kind I've ever seen. Although non-AAA, the flames certainly sizzle and enhance the tasty tobacco and cherry flavours, best shown by these shots taken inside the house and outside in the sun respectively (no flash). What can I say, it's a great guitar!

bluesbird01.jpg

bluesbird02.jpg

StanBlues

Reaction score
Wilfred,
That is a sweet burst man! I really looks like two different guitars. Amazing difference in the finish in the different lights.
I have seen more and more of this now that I am paying attention.
Did you change the knobs and the pup backings. I am digging the black backings.
Totally awesome guitar.... cant believe it is not AAA!
Rock on!
D

Wilfred

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I believe the black pickup mounting rings to be original, as I've seen pics of several other BBs with them, although always combined with black control knobs. A previous owner changed the knobs. Luckily I actually prefer the feel of these, just a bit smoother to the touch.

StanBlues

Reaction score
OK... just a work in progress, but I thought I would share what we have so far. I am planning on expanding the detail in the M-75s to include model designations etc.....
I will also add a tally by color and total BB's on the list, but you have to give me some time.
Right now the serial numbers I have are listed as comments to the cells so you cannot view them in the jpeg format. If anyone has questions about the serial numbers, let me know and I will see if the owner has provided that information. Any suggestions and comments are welcome. No thin skins here! Ideas on how to improve this format or any mistakes I have made, are greatly appreciated. Of course I will add years and models as they come in, but if you know for a fact that say the M-75 Bluesbird was made in say 1977-1979....let me know and I will add the columns in now. Looks like this will be going to a few pages once we have all the birds accounted for.

Rock on!
D
20130503ltgbbs.jpg
[/IMG]

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's my June 2000 (dated inside electronics chamber) one. I am under the believe it is a Bluesbird AAA TOP.
I thought it is Model Number 360-6400-820 (Color# 820 = Amber). Amber because the lacquer is toned I guessed. My one is dark on the back, there were other versions with a lighter brown on the back (I guess Bluespicky's has the same top but is light brown on the back).

ibiGHVwTKiaZK8.jpg
iEqApfNObir3x.jpg
ibwj45z9TxulKQ.jpg

Ralf

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice work Stan. But mine is Ralf's twin sister, and it's a AAA too....
Why you play me like dat? Hmmm?? ;)

StanBlues

Reaction score
OK... that's what I am talking about.... good banter!
I am tracking the following changes:
Alan - Changing from '01 to '00 based upon serial number...
Picky - Got it... she deserves her proper recognition... change to AAA top!
Ralph - Man what a gorgeous bird man....love the contrast .... the dark wood with that top are great together... i will add right away! Serial number?

My excel crashed for some unknown reason so it will take me while to recover the file....must be something to do with the electrons here in Afghanistan....
a couple movie quotes come to mind:
"it's all ball bearings these days" chevy chase in fletch
"Hell, I'd p*ss on a sparkplug if i thought it would do any good!" (unknown, Tank)

rock on
d