1959 T-100D Sunburst EX+ $1900 USD Paypaled and shipped includes forum donation

cubis

Reaction score
SOLD -

Price Reduced again now $1450.00

Price Reduced again now $1550.00

I am looking to sell my pristine T-100D and I have never posted to the FS board so I hope I don't mess up the post too bad. I purchased this guitar from the original owner about a year and a half ago. It is in quite stunning condition examine the photos and you will see what I mean. There is some binding shrinkage and the most minor amount of fret wear on the "B" string of the first fret. Also the Guild name in the headstock is raised slightly. The neck is strait and the truss rod adjusts freely. Action is nice and low at 3/32" with plenty of bridge adjustment left to raise or lower comes with original Brown alligator case. I recently purchased another guitar, so something has to go. The $1900.00 price is a Pay paled and shipped price to the lower 48 and includes a forum donation. Feel free to email me with questions or any additional photos you might require.

Thanks for looking,

Cubis

IMG_3729_zps71b1101a.jpg

IMG_3715_zps45917292.jpg

IMG_3716_zps71e51e36.jpg

IMG_3717_zps96b77b69.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
"Pristine" is right! Good luck with the sale!

walrus

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow!

"Lips" headstock, "Ghost Logo", with Chesterfield. And squeaky clean, to boot.

Somebody needs to buy this one.

Dave

cubis

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. She really is a beauty! I should mention that I am open to reasonable offers, however I would think that an instrument in this condition wouldn't need to be to deeply discounted in order to sell. I was not able to post more that 4 photos on the original post, so I thought that I would attach a link to the album where I saved them on Photobucket. I hope that this is an acceptable practice. I didn't see anything in the Faq's that seemed to suggest that it is not allowed.

http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/cubis56/slideshow/Guild 59 T-100D

Hope they work!

Update, they do work, but it seems you have to have a Photobucket account. If you don't have one you can signup for free.

Thanks again,

Cubis

cubis

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just curious as to why there has has been no interest shown in the guitar? I thought with the condition and the originality that I would at least see some chatter or some find of offer, but it has just been dead. My next stop will have to be eBay at this point. I will probably put it up there tomorrow. It just would have been nice to try to keep it in the family and make a donation to the cause.

Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

jonc

Reaction score
just a general observation, but i'm seeing very little moving these days. acoustics seem a bit better than electrics, but if you look on TGP for example, vintage Gibson's, Fender's and others that would have sold in a heartbeat are just sitting. this one guy has a beautiful late 50's ES-175 with PAF's, which alone would have fetched 4k for the pair. He's now down to under 6k for the guitar and it's just sitting. your 59 is a beautiful looking instrument and the condition is great, but with the "constrained" audiences that LTG, TGP, AGF, and UMGF just to name some cater to, i'm not surprised things are just sitting. ebay seems a better bet unless you list things at fire sale prices, but then you're giving Ebay a cut, PayPal a cut and having to deal with potential weenies. i personally would love to have your guitar but can't justify it these days. i think it's like that for a lot of guys. just my 2c's.

cubis

Reaction score
Still available, price reduction to $1750.00 I am trying to motivate a sale through the forum to avoid an eBay listing. This really is seriously nice time capsule guitar. Anybody?

cubis

Reaction score
Still available, one last try! Price reduction to $1550.00 or offer. I am trying to motivate a sale through the forum to avoid an eBay listing and I really need to sell. This is seriously nice time capsule guitar. Anybody?

Reaction score
Someone should buy this quick berore I have to. Even my wife is telling me to buy it.
Thanks John

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had not seen it originally, I guess May was the time when the forum was moved and many members had not logged in for some time. That is one beautiful guitar!
John: Go for it! Especially since the wife agrees!!! :victorious:
Ralf

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Summer (imo) tends to be a terrible time to sell anything. I am having some cash flow issues myself, or...

:sour: Good luck with the sale!

cubis

Reaction score
Guys thanks for the wonderful votes of confidence! This really is a beautiful guitar and I think someone is going to be very happy with it. I understand money being tight and all, but this might be the cleanest guitar from the 50's that I have ever owned. Heres to hoping to arrange an LTG sale in the family soon! Also I have added some (30) additional photos to the Photobucket link posted in an earlier part of the thread. They show some additional detail like bridge height adjustment left and action. Thanks again guys

cubis

Reaction score
Just an update, I have a local dealer that has agreed to purchase the guitar from me so soon that will have to be my next stop, but I am still hopeful someone here will want it. Anybody? $1450.00 PayPaled and shipped + Donation, Offers?

gilded

Reaction score
That is an extremely attractive guitar. I wish you the best of luck selling it in this slow-time of the year.

Tell me, is it possible to modify the Subject Line? As, in:

'New Price! Beautiful '59 T-100D SB 1450 shipped!

Just a thought! Harry

Last edited:

cubis

Reaction score
Harry,

Thanks for your positive comments it sure is a beauty. I really hope someone here gets it!

As far as editing the subject line goes, I think that can only be done by a moderator. Although I am sure that there are others here more knowledgeable on the subject that could weigh in. I hindsight I should not have included the price in the subject line. Clearly a newbie mistake, oh well, my bad.