NGD GAD-50 Wow...

billymo

Reaction score
Just brought home my new guitar, well, my used mint condition GAD-50 Antique Sunburst. Quite a beauty. But the tone... is absolutely wonderful. The first Guild I played was a D-55 about 4 years ago, I was actually stunned with the tone, never heard anything like it, chords were richer, warmer than anything I'd ever heard. Tone, chords from this GAD-50 are "extremely similar if not equal", truly incredible value. The bass is extreme, gets your attention immediately, very unique. I agree that tone is personal, subjective, not sure what that means, but also, it depends upon one's playing style. Most of what I do is sing mellow, folk stuff. I love this guitar, but, caution, it's very different from any other brand of guitar, as is the D-55. Great GAD-50, positive reviews on youtube are accurate, not exaggerated.

Last edited:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sounds terrific. Pictures?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pretty impressive review considering you have the granddaddy of Guilds too (F-512)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Billy, congrats on the new (to you) guitar. I'm a fairly recent convert to bursts and over the years I've come to love the look. Wasn't always so, but the guys and gals on this forum have a way of expanding your horizons. As has been mentioned above, some photos of your Antique Burst GAD dread would be really great! You have to configure your profile on this forum first, and then host the photos on a hosting site and paste the direct link into your post. We'd really love to see it, and congrats again!!

billymo

Reaction score
Hey Billy, congrats on the new (to you) guitar. I'm a fairly recent convert to bursts and over the years I've come to love the look. Wasn't always so, but the guys and gals on this forum have a way of expanding your horizons. As has been mentioned above, some photos of your Antique Burst GAD dread would be really great! You have to configure your profile on this forum first, and then host the photos on a hosting site and paste the direct link into your post. We'd really love to see it, and congrats again!!

davisman:
I've found that bursts from any guitar builder, seem to be like an art, such that each burst guitar is unique, bursts that have the same title such as "teaburst" or "antigue sunburst". I owned a GAD-50 Antique Sunburst" a few years ago, that had a mid-section that was brown, which I didn't care for. This GAD-50 is also an Antique Sunburst, but the mid-section is yellow and is to me, gorgeous. Actually, most bursts, I don't care for, I like extreme gloss on a burst. Many reds and browns seem bland. I'll work on getting some pictures posted as you suggested...

Last edited: