D35 nt 1970 $750

Curlington

Reaction score
Priced to move, obviously. Price Includes CONUS shipping. I adopted this one in December 2010. No cracks or other issues other than the center top seam, finish only, is slightly cracked. You can feel it if you run your hand over it. This is cosmetic only, and it is not that noticeable (I angled the pics to show it), and the only real flaw on the guitar, besides a relatively few cosmetic nicks and dings. The one major ding is on the headstock (see pictures). Nice tight grain and silking on the top.

This has the Dronge Guild sound we love, but I later stumbled on an ultra-sweet D40 1970. I had that one reset/refret even though it was not bad to begin with. It ended up costing me double this one. The D4$ is better, but not by that much, to this D35.

This has early Guild written all over it. It has the unusual early, small pickguard shape and the guarantee shield label used between the Hoboken and Westerly labels. It has the metal truss rod cover with the white line shield outline. It has dark binding and looks great.

It has never had a neck reset or other work done, evidently. I thought at first the bridge might have been shaved, but according to definitive, expert opinion, bridges of this era are flat. Guild changed the bridges in the early 70' to have more mass and to be somewhat rounded. I’ve seen a number of early bridges shaped flat like this one. Guild built some mean flat tops in this era, many of which amazingly still don't need a reset, from what I can tell from recent experience. To be clear, in my opinion, this D35 does not need a reset or any work.

It projects like a dread should. Plenty of saddle showing and a good break angle. Medium action. Frets show little wear. Tuners work great, and it stays in tune.

Comes with a pretty good, four latch hard shell case, from the 70s, as far as I know.

Pictures at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/DaveandMara1/GuildD351970?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3N-e2jireJYg#

No shipping outside the US, please. Paypal and U.S. Postal Money Orders only, please. 72 hour approval for LTG regulars. A donation of 3% will be made to LTG upon sale.

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That thing looks killer maybe hang onto it if you can ("what are u smokin??" hehe)