LMG IV report for the M-75 lovers

Aristera

Reaction score
There is a GSR run of 25 M-75 Aristocrat in Cherry Sunburst in various stages of production. They were supposed to be done October 1 but that date won't likely be met. Sorry no pics were allowed during the tour. It was great looking inside a finished body without pickups/electronics.

guildman63

Reaction score
I would think to do a GSR version of a currently available guitar would be redundant to say the least, but I suppose crazier things have been done. I seem to recall hearing that the GSR M-75 will have the anti-hum pups, which should be hot! Imagine having the AP with Franz pups AND the GSR M-75's with anti-hums? 'scuse me while I get a powerball ticket. :encouragement:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not exactly, we were informed the bodies were brought in as "white wood" from "overseas".
That sounds amazing, and with the mini humbuckers it would be not an Aristocrat but like the 1967-1970 Bluesbird M-75 (See Hans book page 57). That's a great addition to the new Guild model line, even if only a limited GSR run!

I would think to do a GSR version of a currently available guitar would be redundant to say the least, ...
No, because that version is not currently available!
Ralf

guildman63

Reaction score
Maybe I'm confused (it wouldn't be the first time...today), but isn't the American Patriarch M-75 currently available?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe I'm confused (it wouldn't be the first time...today), but isn't the American Patriarch M-75 currently available?
The American Patriarch is a mid 50ies style Aristocrat M-75, not a 1967-1970 (Bluesbird) M-75! See Hans book pages 56 and 57!
Ralf

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That sounds amazing, and with the mini humbuckers it would be not an Aristocrat but like the 1967-1970 Bluesbird M-75 (See Hans book page 57). That's a great addition to the new Guild model line, even if only a limited GSR run!

No, because that version is not currently available!
Ralf

Yes, I think very similar to the late 60s BB. Completely hollow, very lightweight.

guildman63

Reaction score
I guess I am really confused now, because that my initial point. If it were a GSR run of the American Patriarch M-75 it would be redundant by being another 50's style M-75. Instead, it is a GSR run of the late 60's to early 70's M-75 with anti-hum pups. It looks hot, and I think you need one shipped to Bavaria!

Aristera

Reaction score
Nobody's commented on the Cherry Sunburst color. The red reminded me of a bright red Montmorency cherry. The yellow was like a summer mid-morning sun, bright but still yellow.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nobody's commented on the Cherry Sunburst color. The red reminded me of a bright red Montmorency cherry. The yellow was like a summer mid-morning sun, bright but still yellow.

I'm a little puzzled by this description, because it sounds to me like what, in the Les Paul world, is sometimes derisively referred to as a "clownburst" (bright red, bright yellow). I didn't see it that way at all--it struck me as more subdued/refined. Either I'm misunderstanding Aristera's description, or my eyes failed me, or both.

griehund

Reaction score
The bodies with no hardware were +/- 3lbs? Anyone else hold one and can guess the weight. Like a feather.

Aristera

Reaction score
I remember the cherry matching up to something like this. The yellow was a little more lemon. Should have brought the Pantone chips.

e7mf.jpg

Reaction score
Hmm... Guild GSR guitars built on imported bodies... Is this something new or has this been done before? I still wonder where my GSR Starfire VI body was really built and by whom. Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks John

Last edited:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That thought crossed my mind too. That train of thought leads itself to all kinds of worrying conclusions, if you really think about it.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild has always said that the GSR's were built with "white-wood" bodies. They never said before were they came from. The Starfires were supposedly from a project that was terminated and they finished them. Our Tour guide said the GSR Bluesbird bodies came "from over seas".

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If "Korean Whitewood" will make for future GSR's that are semi-affordable, I'm all for it. I'd like a black X500 with Franz pickups, and a Bigsby please.:smile: