LMG IV report for the M-75 lovers

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's correct, John. I think the cat was let out of the bag at LMG 4 anyway, but it was before that that I was told about this and sworn to secrecy. :)

Indeed, as I recall, yes... This was Donnie Wade's doing.. I'm not 100% sure of that, John, but that's what I remember.

feet

Reaction score
the most upsetting thing is that i may still be dumb enough to buy one some day. what exactly would it need to make it right? would it be up to gsr standards at that point?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is unrelated, but I was aware (but asked not to discuss) that some of the first electric GSRs (I can't remember the model) were actually built from bodies-in-white that NH had gotten from Tacoma. Those bodies had been commissioned in Tacoma but were built in the Orient somewhere.
I think they were the GSR Starfire VI and GSR T-500 bodies.
Ralf

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, Ralf, I think Steve is right. It was the SF6 (only) that had pre-made bodies. T-500 was, as I recall, all NH.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
(LTGers also bought the MAJORITY of the T-500 run... quite a point of pride when we talked about it at one of the LMG events)

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
(LTGers also bought the MAJORITY of the T-500 run... quite a point of pride when we talked about it at one of the LMG events)

If only it had been a green acoustic 12 string! We would have bought them all, right?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Kurt had mentioned that all the initial GSR whitewood bodies came from the Donnie Wade project in Tacoma. See: http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?173302-New-GSR-T-500&p=1551078&viewfull=1#post1551078
But I think those were the GSR Starfire I Bass, the GSR Starfire II Bass, the GSR Starfire VI and maybe the GSR T-500.
I don't know about the GSR X-180, GSR X-150D, GSR X-500D, GSR M-85 II Bass and the GSR M-75 whitewood bodies, I think some or all came from elsewere, not from Tacoma.
Ralf

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
At my part-time Job at a guitar store here in Antwerp, Belgium, where I live, I spent a good hour and a half talking to Cordoba's CEO about a month ago. I was impressed with the guy, very interesting, nice man, very civilized and intelligent. He seemed genuinely interested in my thoughts and observations about Guild guitars too.

Anyway, one of the many things that came up in conversation was a possible future "Korean whitewood finished in the USA" thing. It's one of the things they seem to be very tentatively thinking of, not any time soon if ever, but they're entertaining the thought among other things. And I was assured that IF it ever happens under Cordoba ownership, there will be full 100% transparency on what was made where, and they would under no circumstance be sold as "made in the USA" period. Which I thought was pretty cool. Carry on.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My Goya solidbody electric came together via Indonesian wood, Korean electronics & hardware (aside from the unbranded Sperzel tuners) and assembly & finishing by Martin in Nazareth, PA. The guy I bought it from told me there had been a "Made In Indonesia" sticker on the neck that had long ago fallen off. :)

-Dave-