NGD! My first archtop Guild!

Muovinen

Reaction score
Took some better pics! Here's one with an artsy fartsy angle of view. More pics from the dropbox link in my signature :)

120399.jpg

120398.jpg

Muovinen

Reaction score
Thanks! I already have one HB-1 to replace that bridge P90 but I'm not gonna get it installed before I have one for the neck too. Those Phat Cats sound great and have that nice bite but the Guildist inside me wants to see and hear the Carved in its original form.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
You take some of the best guitar photos I've seen. Congrats on the new axe! And good choice with the color. For some reason, Black is boring on Fenders and Gibsons, but Guilds look amazing in black. So very cool!

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
What a beautiful line-up...

If the Starfire wasn't a vintage one, I would humbly suggest you put the HB-1 in the middle position, give you a guitar like off of Steve Miller's "Sailor" album cover, LOL!

It would suit your style!

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Love it! Would have posted an image of Boz Scagg's guitar from that time but I cannot find a high enough resolution one...I remember thinking how cool that guitar looked when I was in the 8th grade, LOL Much more manly than a Vox Bobcat (which I would gladly take now, though)...

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
WHOA! Is this yours, Ralf?
No, that's one of the former Nashville Custom Shop models that seems to be still as NOS in a store in Germany (Beyer's Music). We had a thread about those 3 pickup Starfire models somewhere here maybe a year ago or so.
Ralf

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
WOW! Two thoughts...

#1 I thought you had Photoshopped that Starfire, Ralf! Did not know it was real. Quick, where is Default, he NEEDS that puppy!

#2 I never Knew Scagg's guitar was a Guild! In my memory all these years I just thought it was a ES-335. Never saw a good enough image to
see. Agree about the p'up, was wondering it if was off an EBO, or maybe a (late 60's) Telecaster Bass.

Pekka, are you paying attention here?

X-170AB

Reaction score
No, that's one of the former Nashville Custom Shop models that seems to be still as NOS in a store in Germany (Beyer's Music). We had a thread about those 3 pickup Starfire models somewhere here maybe a year ago or so.
Ralf

Do you happen to have a link? I'm in Germany and would love to check this guitar out (and report back to the forum).

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Do you happen to have a link? I'm in Germany and would love to check this guitar out (and report back to the forum).
Let me see what I find. Here are the two old links which I think might be so old that he guitars maybe be no longer there:
http://81.169.170.65/gitcc/PRODUKTE/egitarren/GUILD/model starfire custom.htm
http://81.169.170.65/gitcc/PRODUKTE/egitarren/GUILD/GUILD.htm

Another one was this one we had discussed here:

27_03_13_guild.jpg

Our member matsickma has one as well, his collection of pictures of other such 3 pickup Starfires is here.

Ralf