1972 SF V Greenie

Tweedledee

Reaction score
I can't stop drooling over this one. Man do I wish I had the cash...

astav

Reaction score
It's a nice one for sure. Played it out last night and am now struggling with the decision to sell. Just killed the Reverb.com and Craigslist ads. I'll keep it available to the LTG clan though; someone here may need/want it more than me, and I'd like to keep it in the family. If interested give me a shout. I'd also be interested in a swap for something hollow or maybe a nice acoustic. Thanks!

Last edited:

cc_mac

Reaction score
You're killing me here. I am sure I've never lusted after another Starfire IV until this one came along.

rachelsdad

Reaction score

Any interest in a nice Songbird as a partial trade?

I really love that greenie......

keith7940236

Reaction score
Is this something that you may be interested in:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/24200-back-in-the-heritage-fold/

It is a 1985 Heritage VIP II solid body guitar. The body came from a VIP II purchased in The Netherlands. I purchased the body from the owner there. It's one solid slab of maple. The neck came from the Heritage Factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan (former Gibson factory). It had been manufactured in 1985 and was never used on a guitar. I had the fretboard oiled, frets leveled and crowned, and the pieces assembled at The 12th Fret in Portland, Oregon. The trem and tuners and new. The pickups are Schaller Golden 50's (which is what the guitar came stock with). The three switches are Split coil #1, split coil #2 and phase.
The VIP stands for Variphase. The original wiring configuration allowed the phase to be gradually reversed, creating more tonal variations. The wiring can be returned to the original very easily.

The neck is outstanding, very straight and comfortable. I currently have heavier strings on it, as I was using it as a jazz guitar. It will, of course accept lighter strings. It's really quite a versatile and very comfortable guitar.

Thanks

Keith

astav

Reaction score
Thanks for the offers everyone. Keep 'em coming. It's still available, and I just dropped the price a bit. That is all.

astav

Reaction score
And Greenie is gone. Off to a local blues player. Pretty fine score for his first Guild. I'm sure he'll be checking in here soon to inquire about his next one, lol. Until next time, thanks for playing everyone...

Last edited:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome news! Congratulations to Astav and our (possibly) new member of LTG!

It was SO tempting to buy that Greenfire back!