Registration process speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is there a way to automate the registration process with capchas or human-response type questions? I was pmed by a new member who has been waiting for his posts to be approved for three or four days. Is there any way to streamline this approval, either by automating the process or by possibly allowing somebody else to help with the workload?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is there a way to automate the registration process with capchas or human-response type questions? I was pmed by a new member who has been waiting for his posts to be approved for three or four days. Is there any way to streamline this approval, either by automating the process or by possibly allowing somebody else to help with the workload?

There is a difference between the registration process for a new member and the approval of the first five or so posts from a new member, after their registration has been approved.

If the latter is not happening in a timely fashion then it is because the Moderators are not checking the moderation queue, for whatever reason. In the absence of any other solution, anyone trying to act as a proxy for a new member could PM a Moderator or otherwise communicate with a Moderator in a way that does not require that the Moderator log in to LTG to see it. In my case the email link on my profile works and I do get email when I get a new PM.

When Moderators know they will be absent for a few days they try and give a warning to the other Moderators so that the delay is manageable. However I, at least, did not know how little computer time I would get this weekend. That said, at my previous login there were no Posts to be Moderated so the claim of "three or four days" might just be a tiny bit exaggerated.

If anyone wants to continue the discussion PM me or restart it in another topic area, please. Not trying to shut things down, just move them to what is in my opinion, a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.