Case for a '50s T100

jcwu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to source a case for '50s T100. Doesn't have to be period correct - in fact I probably can't afford it. I just want something nice and sturdy like a TKL case that will fit the guitar well.

I had assumed that something sized for Gibson ES335 or Epiphone Dot would fit well. Are the body sizes similar? I used to own a Dot, and would've been great to be able to try the case for fit, but... I gave that guitar away.

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

zizala

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Cases for ES 335, 330, 225, 125TC work....

I have a 59 T-100 in a recent import Epiphone case....its actually quite a good fit and seems sturdy enough.

z

jcwu

Reaction score
$250 shipped - if money were not an issue, I would have bought that already!

geoguy

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread because I'm also looking for a new case, for a '57 T100. The original case is in excellent condition, but provides no padding whatsoever to cradle the guitar . . . it just rattles around inside the unpadded case, with no support for the neck.

A TKL model 8855 case looks like an excellent option, & it was suggested in another LTG thread as fitting a 1950's vintage T100. Case specs here:

http://www.tkl.com/site_item_details.php?pn=TKL 8855

But, my guitar's lower bout is 16 3/8-inches wide, & the case interior width at the lower bout is 16 inches. Does anyone here know if there is enough "give" in this TKL case's padding, to accommodate that snug fit?

All other case-interior dimensions look good for my guitar.

jcwu

Reaction score
I would think that the plush would give way enough to accomodate the 3/8". That's only 3/16" per side - you'll have a snug lower bout fit.

I ended up with an Epiphone case, fits well, and I got it for $80 shipped. :)

F312

Reaction score
I bought a TKL for my T100 and it fits quite well. I forgot how I just the right size for it . I think I told them what I had and they knew what I needed. Around 100 dollars.
Ralph

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild is actually selling cases through their store online. The Starfire Case would fit it. The measurements for the cases are at the bottom of the case page. A couple of weeks ago they gave out a promo code for 20% off. I don't know if the code is still valid but the code was "guildinsider". The cases are $120+ shipping before the discount. Here is the link to the Guild Shop page with the case. Good Luck in your search!

https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/electric-guitar-wood-case/

Last edited:

geoguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, y'all.

I had completely forgotten that Guild was selling cases nowadays. They list two Starfire cases, but show dimensions for only one of them? I've emailed Guild for clarification.

Last edited:

Sergnaps

Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild is actually selling cases through their store online. The Starfire Case would fit it. The measurements for the cases are at the bottom of the case page. A couple of weeks ago they gave out a promo code for 20% off. I don't know if the code is still valid but the code was "guildinsider". The cases are $120+ shipping before the discount. Here is the link to the Guild Shop page with the case. Good Luck in your search!

https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/electric-guitar-wood-case/
Resurrecting this once again as I now need a quality case for my ‘62 T-100. Would the starfire listed on their site fit properly? I am also seeing they have cases with a humidifier built in?! I mean that kills two birds with one stone? I already spent a pretty on the guitar so I just want to protect my investment here. Let me know what you think! Thanks! SN

Sergnaps

Reaction score
Guild Total
Excellent! Thank you all. Found a new coupon code for 20% off too (guildwelcome)