Tesla Warranty

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You know how to get our attention!!!!!:highly_amused:
Uh-oh...are these the first stirrings of another "walking dead" uprising?
Even Stefan popped up in another thread today.
Who's missing?
Joe.
Where's Killdeer43 lately?
I'd ask about West R Lee too except he did actually formally retire a while back, even though he still visits occasionally.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Joe just popped up in the "Flying" thread.
Right, saw it and gave 'im a shout-out, but thanks!

Warranty or not, it might be time to sell your Tesla stock. He lost me when he called one of the divers who saved those Thai kids a pedophile.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/17/tes...concerned-about-elon-musks-use-of-ambien.html

What can I say?
Hard to keep respecting people who lash out so outrageously.
Some people shouldn't be allowed to have sharp objects, others (in the full plural sense) shouldn't be allowed to use Twitter...whatever happened to good old fashioned "handlers?"

F312

Reaction score
"Morning paper", there goes the forest. I kid.

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Morning paper", there goes the forest. I kid.
Ralph
Speaking of newspapers, and the irony of wealth being no guarantee of happiness, wonder if Rosebud had a warranty?

citizen-kane-thumb-560xauto-23607.gif

rosebud-on-fire.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This just in:
In addition to all his other woes, the Vogons found Musk's roadster orbiting around Mars and issued him a ticket for interstellar littering.
Who are the Vogons?
You need to acquaint yourself with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

fd32ec2b-45ef-4f8b-9db5-0fd076c4917e_rw_1200.jpg

2-Vogons-to-demolish-Earth-500x412.jpg

MLBob

Reaction score
Haven't paid much attention to the Tesla thread, but when I visited an old friend from high school days while traveling in Colorado last week, she drove us into town in this:
Gf9b5Nq.jpg
[/IMG]

Far too much technology for me to comprehend. Never had a car that announced that a "system update" was taking place while it was being backed out of the garage. Eerily silent as well. We agreed that it would have been the perfect vehicle for sneaking in after curfew. :beguiled:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Haven't paid much attention to the Tesla thread, but when I visited an old friend from high school days while traveling in Colorado last week, she drove us into town in this:

Gf9b5Nq.jpg

Far too much technology for me to comprehend. Never had a car that announced that a "system update" was taking place while it was being backed out of the garage. Eerily silent as well. We agreed that it would have been the perfect vehicle for sneaking in after curfew. :beguiled:

Or sneaking in on your kids when they've been home alone!
:biggrin-new:
OK, I gotta admit now, I've seen enough of their interiors to believe I wouldn't be happy in one myself.
I understand now what GAD was getting at now about the uninspiring and Spartan interior, but worst of all is the giant LCD display in center console.
I just know there are going to be situations where that thing is blanked out by sun glare coming in at low angle and that violates my single most important engineering value:
It's a dysfunctional design.
I would not voluntarily live with it.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, since I was wrong about some of the handling characteristics, way back when we started.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And speaking of space litter, this little Giffy popped up on CNN today, illustrating just how much orbital debris is circling the planet:

180817165043-gfx-space-debris-780x439.jpg

Kinda eerily reminiscent of those images of eggs in process of fertilization, no?:

P24SERIES1-6.JPG

Metaphorically speaking, could a case be made that this is what Musk plans to do Mars?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Since my boy Elon has apparently been able to reign in his propensity for inflammatory public pronouncements recently, I though it might be safe to bump this thread and highlight one of his less well thought out (in my opinion) fantasies:
Tunnels
20181219t060025z_1_lynxmpeebi09g_rtroptp_4_musktunnel.ashx

california-boring-company-unveils-hawthorne-transporation-tunnel_00b658d4-034c-11e9-87e0-d6de39a6b3f8.jpg

OK I don't care how cool the sci-fi movie green lighting scheme is, I bet I'm not the only one here who immediately thinks the view would get mighty tiring mighty quick inside of one of those things.
Assuming you're not already a pathologically claustrophobic personality.
Elon.
Listen:
YOU may be entirely content to slip into creative revery, oblivious to outside sensory inputs while an autonomous vehicle boldly takes you where no man wanted to go before, but the common man likes to watch the view change.
No matter how much he may hate rush hours commutes, at least the view can change.
Heck, there was a time, not long ago, when folks used to go for rides in their cars simply to look at the world.
In fact I can tell you from personal knowledge there are still some incorrigible souls who flout ecological correctness in conservation of fossil fuels, simply to pursue this quaint hobby.
If it weren't for guttersnipes on e-scooters turning my city's streets into a pop-up hazard obstacle course in the last couple of months, I'd probably still do it.
Give it some thought, eh?
After you've considered how you're gonna earthquake-proof the things, especially here in California, "the joy-ride state".

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
Aviar has said it would program it to simulate the engine and exhaust system of the classic Shelby GT500 on the inside.

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

F312

Reaction score
But will it go through tunnels?

H--ll just an audio file of the chase sequence from Bullitt should suffice.

Or why not have numerous sound effects, like one being the sound of the Saturn V Rocket taking off...or a Model T...or a hit and miss engine.

Ralph