Tesla Warranty

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Let's keep this going... Ithink we might be onto sumethin' here.
All we have to do now is funnel that energy for propulsion.....
2cp6xdx.png

And some fellow named Musk is already in production with a payload carrying device as well:

9%20Elon%20Musk,%20SpaceX%20Founder.jpg

Not sure how many horses that one's designed for, though.

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ah yes.... from Harleys to 747's, the power to weight ratio has often been an overlooked feature of US engineering.....

xelvn8.jpg

Thankfully, there's the Corvette.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pascal,

Did you see the sink hole in that Corvette museum? I must admit, I'm not a huge 'Vette guy, but as a car lover that really made me cringe.

I think they've extracted them all now. Some pretty hammered up cars! :(

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pascal,

Did you see the sink hole in that Corvette museum? I must admit, I'm not a huge 'Vette guy, but as a car lover that really made me cringe.

I think they've extracted them all now. Some pretty hammered up cars! :(

I sure did Charlie.... guys on the corvette forum actually posted live feeds of the extraction process.
Would make any car lover cringe indeed.
What a freaky scene!

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think so too.....and I have to be wary of potholes when I'm riding my electric bike....peddle assist or not! Steffan

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Let your Tesla completely discharge the battery and see how good the warranty is!

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Apologies folks for getting back on topic. I know you love veers, but I could not help myself...

I've always wondered why someone who can afford a 85,000 dollar car that can only go about 250 miles or so would need state and federal tax credits.

Well, an answer could be: because the "support" is not directed to the buyer, it is an incentive [in a world where incentives are preponderant, because it's assumed that people (economic agents), respond to incentives], for the consumption of such technology. It could well be semantics or another point of view, but when someone with that amount of money is thinking about buying a new car, this kind of incentive could change his/her opinion and make him/her buy a car with new technology, which in turn could result in more R&D in that particular industry.

The reality...the hard cold reality, is that alternative fuels are not feasible at this time. The batteries aren't good enough, wind farms kill more birds annually and most likely will devastate raptor populations, especially if they continue to grow in numbers, wind farms are ugly, instrusive, solar works only on the fringes, wind/solar farms work in remote areas if they can get environmental approval for construction much less approval for construction of transmission systems, nuclear isn't an option, and the beat goes on.

Not sure, about solar energy. At least in Chile the private investment is growing constantly and at the same time technology is improving. One problem, nonetheless is, as always, how clean is the production of the panels and how you treat them when you have to change them. And batteries, of course, another point.

FNG said:
The hard cold reality is that we need bridge fuels that get us from the current technology to a technological state that will actually support our power needs. Why is there such resistance from certain groups about the expansion of natural gas production and usage? It's much cleaner, we have so much that it will take centuries to use, and can provide the power we need now to meet our power needs until the technology matures enough to actually be able to take it's place.

I agree with you. However as Sandy and Al already mentioned, I like to hear that someone doing something. Why not impulse the parallel development of this technology while the use of natural gas becomes the standard?

FNG said:
I hear all the time about how we need more manufacturing jobs, and then from the same mouths how the technological improvements in the production of a bridge fuel like natural gas are the end of mankind. Then are strangely silent when the government issues kill permits for bald eagles to wind farms.

Politicians: that is the problem. And we could question: why people elect them?

Just my 0,001 cents.

All the best,
B.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Let your Tesla completely discharge the battery and see how good the warranty is!

From CNN-Money website Apr 26, 2013:

Tesla offers idiot-proof battery warranty
Tesla Motors is offering a new "no fault" warranty on the batteries in its Model S sedans in a bid to entice more buyers to try its all-electric luxury car.
The battery is covered even if an owner fails to follow charging guidelines laid out in the owners' manual. "Any product that needs a manual to work is broken," Musk said.

The only cases in which Tesla (TSLA) would not honor a battery warranty would be a case in which a customer deliberately attempted to damage or destroy the battery, he said.

"If you take a blow-torch to the battery pack or blow it up or use it for target practice" the warranty would be voided, Musk said. Also, of course Tesla would not cover battery damage resulting from a crash. Car insurance will have to pay for that.

I still can't find an example of Musk whining about anything though.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Politicians: that is the problem. And we could question: why people elect them?
I think the idea was that having the oportunity to choose the least of several evils was preferable to not having any choice at all.
At least for the guys that came up with the idea..
:uncomfortableness:

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Your veer detector is ON!
One of the funniest things I've read here. Thanks for the chuckle, Bruno. :applause:

Joe

My pleasure, Joe: you are kindly welcome! :biggrin-new:

I think the idea was that having the oportunity to choose the least of several evils was preferable to not having any choice at all.
At least for the guys that came up with the idea..
:uncomfortableness:

I remember that idea, Al. :friendly_wink:

My problem is when the "least of several evils" that were elected forget their role or forget why they are there...

All the best,
B.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Can we get back on topic please?
You guys are incorrigible!
Well as the OP I hate to throw my weight around but the original topic was warranty coverage of an automoblie in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
H-ll, I'll even allow politicians to qualify as zombies if it'll help us stay on topic.