parting with a 1971 D25

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ll be leaving the country for a bit so am looking to part with my 1971 D25 that hasn’t been appreciated as much as it should have been (forgot everything I learned on it), so would like it to find a home where it will get proper attention. Many a friend has played it and it sounds lovely. Here are some pics (minus the case). I’m happy to provide more info. I’d love input from the pros as far as what I might ask for it (though that’s probably difficult without seeing it) and what other info I can provide. I live in SF Bay Area.
It was repaired at one point due to cracks around pick up.
Many thanks!
linda
(hope images work - I'm a Luddite...)

set

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. Images did not make it through. Upload them to another site and then link to them here. A D25 under $400 is either a bargain or has been abused. Over $900 and the seller is using mood enhancing substances or there is something special about the instrument. "Cracks around the pickup" may have a slight negative impact, but if you really mean pick up, as in something added so you can plug it in to an amplifier then that could be +$50 if it is the right pickup and a buyer who wants one.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
By the way, it's a 1970 guitar, not 1971.
Shouldn't this be in FS/FT? Maybe Frono can move it there?
Ralf

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'd be very interested in breathing new life into this Guild. First thing I'd do is to put three-on-a-plate tuners to cover the mess that I see in the one photo. Yikes!:tranquillity:

Just sayin',
Joe

Last edited:

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
So, joined for the sole purpose of selling a guitar. And now, over a week later we have nothing? You should be more persistent Joe. :surprise:

Neal

Reaction score
There are a few things that are not adding up for me.

1. The brace running down the center seam on the inside of the back appears to be missing, somehow, unless what I am seeing is some kind of optical illusion. It also appears that the sticker has been removed and replaced. There should also be the word "Guild" above the sticker, and it is not there.

There also appears to be some water damage inside.

2. The rosette is different than my '71 (much lighter, almost white). Maybe it's just the difference in a '70 and a '71.

Some additional photos of the sound hole area would be helpful.

Neal

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The brace running down the center seam on the inside of the back appears to be missing.
It's there, it is only a illusion as the two strings are over the edge of the middle brace. Here is a picture of a model with a slightly higher S/N, you see the brace is very thin only.

t also appears that the sticker has been removed and replaced. There should also be the word "Guild" above the sticker, and it is not there.
Check Hans' book page 29!
Ralf

Last edited:

Neal

Reaction score
Upon closer inspection of the photo, you are absolutely right, Ralf.

Sorry about that, lllinda. Let me make it up for you by putting a plug in for this model! Wonderful, warm, very fun to play, brighter than you would expect from an all-mahogany guitar. Tough. And a real looker.

If I were to be pricing it, I would expect it to fetch somewhere between $600-$700, if the cracks you mention are small and well-repaired, maybe a little less if they are more noticeable. I did not see any in the photos, for what that's worth. The case adds value as well.

Neal