Anyone own a 2005-2011 Guild GAD C2 classical?

FloridaGull

Reaction score
I bought a 2011 GAD F212 in January - and I recently bought a 2010 GAD 30R - and I love them both...

I have been considering an all-solid-wood classical, and I have found a GAD C2 - http://65.110.72.19/guild/index.php/nylon-classical/specs/GAD-C21/ - online. As I am enamored of these "older" GAD's, I wanted to solict opinions on this guitar from anyone here who has one...

Thanks in advance for your input! :wink-new:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nobody? :-(

I'll bite, but it may not be what you want to hear! I owned one for a short time, but it really didn't float my boat so I sold it. Of course, I'm not a particularly big fan of any of the GADs I've played, so I might not be the best person to ask.

silverfox103

Reaction score
Seagull Performer CW Flame Maple Q1T - Canada
Walden G1070 - China
Godin 5th Avenue CW Kingpin II - Canada
Giannini Craviola 12-string - Brazil
Guild GAD F212 12-string - China
Guild GAD 30R - China
Walden N610CE - China
Cordoba C5 - Portugal
Lucida LG-540 - China
Guitar Works GWTR-1 Travel Guitar - China

Wow

Just got a gander of all the guitars you own, that's quite a collection, all foreign made. Ever think about buying an American guitar? Try one, you may like them!

Tom

PS: no problems with Canadian guitars, we're in the same boat together.

FloridaGull

Reaction score
I've thought about buying American - sadly, my budget does not support that... ;-)

The "Guitar Works" model hangs on the wall - it replaced a nylon Martin Backpacker that also hung on the wall - the Martin was sold to a gentleman in Utah who promised to play it in the mountains - a far better life!

The Lucida is the "lab guitar" - I work in an environmental laboratory, and it sits there - bought on the Goodwill auction website sort of by mistake, along with a 1978 Yamaha G-55-1 classical, which I sold for a slight profit... :)

Everyone else is at home, and gets played regularly!

FloridaGull

Reaction score
Sorry, with as many guitars as you have, that excuse is kind of weak.

Tom

Well, if you must know - :playful: - back in early 2011 all I had was a 1980's Aria LW15 with what turned out to be a 1 5/8" nut - no wonder I played rarely! Then a left-handed friend gave me 5 - :surprise: - left-handed guitars he could no longer play due to a hand injury. These included a Martin Backpacker nylon, a Cordoba C5 (one of the last made in Portugal), a Martin DM-L, a Gibson USA Les Paul Studio, and an Epiphone DG10-CELH. The Gibson was traded for my Seagull Perfomer; the Martin DM-L and Epiphone and Aria were traded for the Godin 5th Avenue - the Backpacker and Cordoba were re-strung for right-handed play, and the Backpacker was later sold, and the GuitarWorks was purchased, essentially as a wall hanging...

So, I began to play again, passion was re-kindled, and the Giannini, 2 Guilds, and 2 Waldens followed - the Giannini was a ridiculous price from Amazon ($330), 1 Walden (G1070) came from my friend Dave Word at www.holeinthewood.com for a really good price, the Walden classical was a Father's Day gift last year ($185 used from GC), and the recent Guilds - well, I sold some gold and silver left to me by my father...I was seeking some all-solid-wood guitars...

So - there is not as much $$$ invested as one might think...

Last edited:

FloridaGull

Reaction score
I'll bite, but it may not be what you want to hear! I owned one for a short time, but it really didn't float my boat so I sold it. Of course, I'm not a particularly big fan of any of the GADs I've played, so I might not be the best person to ask.

I thank you for your honest opinion...I'm going to try out a few options before I actually buy... :)

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total