Guild warranty

bonecrusher

Reaction score
now that cordoba is taking over, will they be honoring warrantys on new guild purchases? Im thinking about buying a new d55.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
You need to get an answer in writing if only because FMIC is responsible for warranties on instruments FMIC sold to dealers (before Guild was sold). FMIC may have transferred that liability to CPG as part of the sale but no one knows for sure.

bonecrusher

Reaction score
Email from cordoba

Thank you for your interest in Guild Guitars!

The acquisition of Guild is now final, so any warranty claims will be handled by Cordoba Music Group. I invite you to review the full details of our warranty policy at our website. Cordoba Music Group is not yet listed on the website, but the same guidelines within the warranty policy will still apply. If you have any questions regarding our warranty policy, feel free to include them with your reply and I will be happy to address them!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
LOL! clear as mud...I've been out of the Guild loop. Is Cordoba going to keep and utilize the New Hartford facility?
No, I think it is pretty clear from the answer CMG provided. The Guild NH shop is closed and has nothing to do with warranties. Where do you see NH written in the warranty document?
CMG stated that FMIC still needs to be replaced with CMG on the Guild webpage but that the Ts&Cs will stay basically the same. ("Cordoba Music Group is not yet listed on the website, but the same guidelines within the warranty policy will still apply.")
Look here: http://www.guildguitars.com/support/warranty/
FMIC used authorized service centers and I think that is what CMG will do as well. Now if there need to be a factory repair CMG will not yet be able to do that, that needs to be seen how they handle such cases until the new Guild Oxnard fab is up and running.
Ralf

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
any warranty claims will be handled by Cordoba Music Group. I invite you to review the full details of our warranty policy at our website.

Is it reasonable to interpret this as saying that any Guild warranty liability that FMIC previously had has now been transferred to CMG?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Frono,

That's my read.

Oh, and Russ... Yeah, New Hartford is done. I think they discussed the possibility of running repairs out of there, but I believe that did not happen. I do not know what CMG's plans are, though. It'll be very interesting to watch what happens. I imagine they'll dedicate a service department out of Oxnard.