Playing with your organ...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ya'll may have already seen this, but I am amazed...

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My dream gig is guitarist in an B-3 combo. It hasn't happened yet; I guess I'll have to be my own organ player. I MUST have one of those.

jcwu

Reaction score
That was a great intro to the video! And at 5:16 I almost shouted, TOMMY!!

jcwu

Reaction score
OK, I watched the video all the way through, and all I can say is - B9, will you be mine??

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
They're awesome. I'm going to grab one used when somebody sells their's because they couldn't sound like the guy in the video.

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
That's amazing! I will have to make room on a board for one of these pedals.

Only problem, I noticed this in the tips on the ehx page: "The B9 tracks great and will follow what ever you play, but it is not a talent booster." Too bad...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's amazing! I will have to make room on a board for one of these pedals.

Only problem, I noticed this in the tips on the ehx page: "The B9 tracks great and will follow what ever you play, but it is not a talent booster." Too bad...

And I'm sure you noticed that the guy who was playing in the demo was playing with extreme precision. May not be a talent booster, but it might make one a better player (not that you need improvement, of course)

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Not sure if that's for me. The Leslie sound, yes. Traded for a big box Neo Ventilator and really love that sound.
MD

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has one, and I took it home and messed with it some. It IS a pretty amazing toy, especially for the price, but it does sound a little more processed an artificial than the video would have you believe. You really need to tweak it and your amp settings a good bit to get it to sound good, and even then my ears got pretty tired after half an hour.

houseisland

Reaction score
Very cool and a lot less heavy than packing a B3 (even a chopped one) around.

I do wonder, though, how long it would be before the novelty wears off.

And I am reminded of a friend, a very good guitarist and long time Soft Machine/Alan Holdsworth fan, who went to see a synth-enabled Holdsworth in concert and walked out after about 20 minutes. Later, he said something to the effect of "Why would I want to see and hear one of the world's greatest guitarists perform like a really bad keyboard player?"

Nothing like the real thing - I know from having to pack around a friend's B3, Clavinet, Rhodes, etc. - think I'm gonna need a truss.

Anyway, light my fire:

BurningHammond.jpg

Crank the volume!

http://youtu.be/fnHaMPIa-F4

http://youtu.be/dCKZPEleI-U

http://youtu.be/f30gQOpUy7Q

Last edited:

houseisland

Reaction score
Very cool

Just to clarify things, there is absolutely no sarcasm or cynicism here at all. This device is so cool. And I am still very much the little kid with his face pressed to the music shop window staring longingly, the scorch marks still black on his empty pockets where any money he once had had long ago burned holes. A gadget! A cool gadget! A large part of me wants to run out and buy one. The dull responsible sensible part of me has reservations.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The rhythm guitarist in my band bought one as it is a lot harder to get it to sound good then it looks in the video.

You have to re-learn how to play guitar. If you play chords, you need to play patterns of root, third, fifth to get them to sound good. Single lines aren't bad, but it likes the middle strings a lot more the the high strings. Also, no sliding or bending as it doesn't like that at all.

We're still trying to work it into the band put I think we'll get there if he sticks with it. (Not sure he will.)