NGD 2007 Tacoma F-50K

Aristera

Reaction score
Could have been one of those days but it wasn't. I went to the UPS facility over lunch today to pick up the guitar. After giving my order address and name to the attendant she goes and looks for my box. She comes back and is very apologetic. The top of the box was opened and had a 4" hole/tear on an edge a foot from the bottom. I had visions of firewood. I had to inspect on the spot. Luckily the guitar was placed with the case neck down in relation to the Gretch logo'ed box. The bout was on top. All was well. I hope to get better photos tomorrow since the sun was setting when I got home.

I did have a chance to play it a couple minutes and a couple things I can say is that the top seems to vibrate/intonate plucked strings unbelievably. Take a look a the matched grain. Wide, wavy, such a light color and how light weight it is.

VHm6Rp.jpg

3llEjQ.jpg

3L84Ff.jpg

CD9tDz.jpg

XBhLlG.jpg

3duige.jpg

That's a reflection in the next pic not any damage.
BfzXlK.jpg

9AUHua.jpg

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow James, there sure is some beautiful wood on that guitar! Best of luck with the new baby.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow, that's something, isn't it? So glad it escaped damage.

Aristera

Reaction score
The stroke of luck was no one else bid on this. The guitar itself is in mint condition. I'm going to do a cleanup and restring tomorrow. I'm still amazed at the width of the grain of the top. It must affect tone. Almost a feathered sound on each picked note. and that's with "dead" strings.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That guitar is just STUNNING!! And the grain on the top is phenomenal. Is that Adirondak? It sure looks like it!! Just beautiful, amigo!! :encouragement:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
good story and great pictures of a fabulous guitar. that is adi, yes?

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Loving your "Tacomakoa." Sounds like the name of an Indian princess. Looks like one too!
congrats and enjoy.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Whew!!!! Lucky that it wasn't damaged. That would've been truly heartbreaking, James.

Outstanding axe!

Jeff_L

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
I believe LTG member Jeff_L has its older sibling F-47K (TK291...) mine is (TK295...).

Let me add my WOW to the chorus.

I do have the F-47K and love it. Besides the uniqueness of having a one-of-a-kind Guild, there's the sound - it keeps me awake nights. (My wife too, and she's getting mad about it!)

And, since the F-47K has an Adirondack top, I suspect the F-50K is Adirondack also.

Here's a close-up of the top of mine:

Enjoy it. If I had a little more money laying around, you might not. . . Never mind. Didn't mean to scare you. Just enjoy it.

Last edited: