Any John Prine fans out there?

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I got his Fair and Square album. His version of Clay Pigeons is one of my all time favs. Great storyteller that guy.

Neal

Reaction score
First song I ever sang in public was Muhlenburg County. 1979. Maynard's Bar on Duval Street in Key West, FL on open mic night.

I butchered it. Sorry, John...

Neal

Neal

Reaction score
Self-correction...

The official title of the song is Paradise. a real town in Kentucky where John spent many of his summers as a kid.

Neal

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Self-correction...
The official title of the song is Paradise. a real town in Kentucky where John spent many of his summers as a kid.
No problem, JP fans knew where you were. :rugby:

I drove through that part of western Kentucky a few years ago and stopped "by the Green River where Paradise (used to) lay." I did not take a photo (wish I had) but up on the hillside, in perfect silhouette, was one of the "world's largest shovels."
An interesting highlight on a very poignant trip for me. My Dad was less than a month away from dying so everything was poignant, or so it seemed.

Joe

tjmangum

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Not that he hasn't written a lot of great songs over the years, but it always amazes me to think of the great songs he wrote when he first started out in his early 20's.
T