Gad f40-p

Jay Gordon

Reaction score
Why can't I find any info on this 12 fret GAD model? Did it not sell well? I've been looking for reviews and also for one for sale. No luck in both cases. What's the story?

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
The F40P was a 12-fret Padauk-bodied guitar, offered in the "first" GAD series, discontinued in late 2008 I would guess. Very nice sounding little guitar. Probably a little rare, like the F30PCE I had. There may not be many out there as those that bought them are holding onto them.

Be careful of buying one the has been "refurbished," with the serial number replace or covered. Might be good, or...

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I see a first post so allow me to offer a first-cup, Pacific Northwest WELCOME TO LTG.
Bill has given you some good advice already and I'm sure there's more to come, so stick around and enjoy your time here.

Joe

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
This ad was from 2008, so I am close; only seen a couple, played one in August of '08 just before I bought my GAD and D-55. Sounded nice enough, I am just not a 12-fret guy, bridge sits in the wrong place on the body for me...also reviews from HC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-2008-GUILD-GAD-F40-P-ACOUSTIC-GUITARS-AD-8X11-FRAMEABLE-ADVERTISEMENT-/400762078139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4f4803bb

[url]http://www.harmonycentral.com/reviews/product/guild-gad-f40p-acoustic-electric-guitar-w--fishman-matrix

[/URL]

Last edited:

Jay Gordon

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for your quick and informative replies. Your answers have confirmed my suspicions. I am a guitar builder (35 yrs+) and my favorite guitar to build, and play, is a 00 style acoustic.
I have built with Padauk and am aware of its tonal qualities. I became aware of the GAD series of guitars a year or so ago and have now acquired a very low cost a GAD50R, GAD30R, and a GAD 120. Incredible guitars for the money. May seem crazy for a builder not to just play his own product, but a just love guitars, not just my own. My first new guitar purchased my senior year in high school was a Guild Mark I.
II have many fond memories.
Anyway, I'm still on the hunt for an F40-P. Wish me luck and if you are ever in Port Townsend,Washington. look me up. I'd be pleased to meet you.
thanks again
Jay Gordon
Port Townsend, WA

Jay Gordon

Reaction score
Thanks Joe for you kind welcome.
I am a guitar builder (retired from IBM). I 'escaped' from Bellevue in 2007 and and happily ensconced in Port Townsend.
If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by. The local music store has my contact info.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Good work Ralf! Like the OP, I could not find any. They appear to be new, wonder if those sellers were authorized dealer's, all bets probably being off now.

One can tell the are "first generation" GAD's as they have bone saddle and nut, also Grover Sta-Tite tuners...

Reaction score
GAD f40-p for sale

Why can't I find any info on this 12 fret GAD model? Did it not sell well? I've been looking for reviews and also for one for sale. No luck in both cases. What's the story?

Jay , I know this thread is old, but I have a GAD f40-p for sale if you are still looking. Let me know Mike

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Jay , I know this thread is old, but I have a GAD f40-p for sale if you are still looking. Let me know Mike

I see a first post, welcome aboard, Martin!
I suggest right-clicking on Jay's name and using either the "private message" or "email" function to ensure he can see your note, in case he doesn't view the board very often.
Hope it helps.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Martin7913.

Yeah. old... As in 5 years old! :) Let me reiterate what Al said... This user has not been active on LTG, so PM is more likelty to get his attention. Even more likely would be the "send email" I would try that too.