adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Why? Have they done something new??
Why, yes, as a matter of fact, they have done it:

TheBeatlesSomethingNewreissuecover.jpg

:tongue-new:

@ Walking Man:
Definitely many Beatles fans here, you might even have to narrow it down to "which one's your favorite?"
At least a few of us think George takes that one as the master of the pop single solo.
Personally I identify the most with John but George's definitely a better guitarist....so maybe equal favorites...
Then there's our member Walrus, but hey, what's in a name? :biggrin-new:

Last edited:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually we have had one flying around today...his trouble is that he keeps calling so its not like is is the silent menace from above...

But I digress...I was never able to buy that album as a kid, but loved that "live" image on the front...Ed Sullivan Show??

Vere again...Wouldn't it be great if Guild would issue a Newark Street 12-string like the one they gave to John? Get Mr. Drogue involved!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Actually we have had one flying around today...his trouble is that he keeps calling so its not like he is the silent menace from above...
In another incredible simile to moi, he must be crying for his mate. But I digress...
I was never able to buy that album as a kid, but loved that "live" image on the front...Ed Sullivan Show??
Me too, love all images of them playing "ensemble". My favorite period of their music as well, except for Rubber Soul and Revolver.
Nostalgia veer: Anybody remember the bubble-gum trading cards? Remember there were actually 2 series, black-and-white and color?

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sure, though I prefer The Who. I seem to like Beatles as I get older.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Random Beatle Bits:

Introducing my now 20-something daughters to The Beatles as little kids and seeing them positively transfixed in front of a VHS copy of Yellow Submarine.

Taking them to each release of a newly re-mastered print of Help! or A Hard Day's Night (re-released again this summer) and watching them and my wife leave the theater skipping, singing and grinning.

Getting a little verklempt watching the lads and thinking about what was and what might have been.

Learning Norwegian Wood and Here Comes the Sun (I KNEW I bought that JF4-12 for something important - If I Needed Someone is next)

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Um ... is this a trick question?

houseisland

Reaction score
But of course.

I was in a guitar shop once, playing Blackbird on a rare and lovely 3/4 size Larrivee that my sister-in-law was interested in buying. Some smart-assed punk kid who worked there got all sneery and made some stupid put-down comment about me and Blackbird - Blackbird has apparently been added to THE LIST, you know the list ... Stairway to Heaven, Smoke on the Water ..... etc. -- guess the punk kid wasn't on commission - anyway, I just stared at him and asked when was the last time he had written a song of such simple elegance and harmonic and melodic beauty (who gives a flyin' f that it's easy to play). He just gaped and said nothing. Moron. Next I played something that I could mostly remember from the first Mahavishnu Orchestra Album - it was complicated and (comparatively) ugly, but it wasn't on THE LIST.

Bill Frisell playing John Lennon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ABVFQ1GsQ Warning: no Guilds involved in this performance.

The Hoehner bass looks cool, though. Never seen one like it.

Last edited:

strummer

Reaction score
A simple "yes" will answer the op question but it's always nice to read stuff like the above.Many similar memories are triggered in these kinds of discussions and I always enjoy looking back.When I hear someone profess how much they dislike the Beatles(it does happen),I always ask 'em which Beatles they're talkin' about since they did almost every style of rock/pop/country,etc.during a pretty brief career and rewrote all the rules in the process.I find new music to listen to all the time but "the fabs" are a breed apart for me anyway.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Um ... is this a trick question?

In a sense yes, because when something similar was asked several years ago, someone expressed a negative opinion and when the smoke finally cleared, the Moderators were hated and one or two posters left LTG in a Huff never to return. I recall one was terribly offended that people could have a negative opinion of their idols and the other because the reactions to the negative opinion where downright nasty and hostile.

houseisland

Reaction score
In a sense yes, because when something similar was asked several years ago, someone expressed a negative opinion and when the smoke finally cleared, the Moderators were hated and one or two posters left LTG in a Huff never to return. I recall one was terribly offended that people could have a negative opinion of their idols and the other because the reactions to the negative opinion where downright nasty and hostile.

There is an apocryphal story about Duke Ellington in which he is asked what kind of music he likes. The Duke replies: "There are only two kinds of music, good music and bad music. Good music is the kind I like."

jcwu

Reaction score
There is an apocryphal story about Duke Ellington in which he is asked what kind of music he likes. The Duke replies: "There are only two kinds of music, good music and bad music. Good music is the kind I like."

At least he didn't say, "Good music is the kind I make."

:)