Reaction score
Guild Total
NGD, New GREEN Day!

Here's a teaser. :)

_B0Z9116-crop-800.jpg

Last edited:

PaulG

Reaction score
Very nice!!! Are those HB1s?? What year NB is it?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I have to say that the gold hardware is a major winner on the green. I'm not always a huge fan of gold stuff, but this really works.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beauteous! I'll take an educated guess and assume that thing ROCKS!

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice!!! Are those HB1s?? What year NB is it?

They are, indeed, HB1s. I believe it's a '91 or '92. It is the same guitar in this GBase listing: http://www.gbase.com/gear/guild-x-2000grn-nightbird-1992-woodgrain-gree#

I have to say that the gold hardware is a major winner on the green. I'm not always a huge fan of gold stuff, but this really works.

I'm not as anti-gold as most, but I agree that it looks pretty great on green.

Beauteous! I'll take an educated guess and assume that thing ROCKS!

It doesn't suck! :)

I've played a lot of guitars, and it's rare for me to pick one up and say, "Wow", but this one's got "it", whatever that means. It's got damn near everything I look for in a guitar.

The neck is perfect
Ebony fretboard
*Perfect* fret and inlay work
It's extremely resonant and has fabulous sustain
etc.

I like electrics that ring out acoustically, and this one does that like crazy. I used to own a Les Paul R9 that rang out like this one, but it was a $5000 guitar and I just couldn't justify keeping it when I could buy four nice Guilds for that price. :)

I can't wait for it to stop raining so I can take some pics in the sunlight.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
BTW the bridge is weird. I've owned one other nightbird, but it didn't have the Nightbird bridge on it. It's got what appears to be adjustment screws that allow me to adjust the bridge from side to side. The holes for the adjustment screws that go into the body are oval, and the position can be locked down using the side screws. The downside is that they're actually nuts on screws without heads (I have no idea what they're called), so it would take some careful work to adjust them.

I can actually grab the bridge and slide it back and forth, sort of like on an arch-top, but while still having the bridge bolted to the top.

The image is scaled by the forum software. If you right-click and "view-image", you can zoom in.

_B0Z9136_1600.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
+1 on electrics that "ring out acoustically". So does my Bluesbird. Gotta love the chambered body!

BTW, maybe this a question for Hans, but would the chambers be the same design on the Nightbird as the Bluesbird?

walrus

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations GAD! She's a beauty-maximus!!!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
+1 on electrics that "ring out acoustically". So does my Bluesbird. Gotta love the chambered body!

BTW, maybe this a question for Hans, but would the chambers be the same design on the Nightbird as the Bluesbird?

walrus

I don't think so. I think the Bluesbird has a solid block down the middle, while the Nightbird is more hollow, but I'm having trouble finding pics to back that up.

This pic, which I've only seen on the now defunct Nightbird pages, claims to show a cross-section of a Nightbird:

hollow.jpg

Someone here X-Rayed their Bluesbird P90, but I can't find the pics.

Edit - Found it. The chambers appear to be quite different, but I'd have to defer to Hans (as always).

BluesbirdP90-1.png

Last edited: