Sourcing parts for an x-150

LateStart

Reaction score
Is it possibly to find a replacement neck for an x-150? If so, where do you go? Repair in this case has been unsuccessful and a replacement would be ideal...

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd say it is almost impossible to find a replacement neck for Guilds in general...
Ralf

LateStart

Reaction score
Impossible is a fairly high barrier... I don't know the year just yet; it's a conversation with a friend who doesn't know what to do and is open to an offer. It is in otherwise 7/10 condition.

LateStart

Reaction score
Neck broken in three places. It is back together and 'works' somewhat well. Since the body wasn't damaged, it would be good-as-new with a new neck... I figured someone must collect parts from damaged guitars and that they might be on this board...

I will post the year/serial number in the next couple of days, he is traveling.

MikeMcA1

Reaction score
Neck broken in 3 places. Man that sounds more like an automobile accident than a guitar accident. Good luck in the search. One idea is to go to the TK Smith website and check out some of his work. He installs his shop made necks on old bodies and dresses them up to suit the owner. He has a Bigsby Guitars slant to most of his work.
http://tksmith.net/

a.modernist

Reaction score
I second Mike's vote for a TK Smith neck. I've played some of TK's work and it is EXCELLENT. He is very open to ideas and a very skilled craftsman.

Oddly enough I have been keeping my eyes open for a project exactly like this specifically so that I could have TK make me a custom neck.

LateStart

Reaction score
So its a 1997-ish. Serial AK1506XX. What is this worth in 'good player shape'?

I sent TK an email asking for a price range; no response yet.

Thanks for the idea..

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been down this path. Best advice is to just sell the guitar as a parts guitar and buy another. 90's X-150s come up pretty often, and are not that expensive either. You could even save money cutting your losses and replacing the guitar.