Reaction score
hey everyone. im just gona introduce myself as tobes and just say im stoked
about being a guild owner/community member. im the biggest fan of guild and their badass guitar lineage. i like to think guild slipped under the radar and has somehow stayed there in a full time role that keeps it in good balance.

i have a '79 guild s300d in mahogany that i will post pictures of and a small story with it. more updates soon.
thanks again for having a guild community!

Smitch

Reaction score
Welcome Tobes. You've stumbled upon a group of folks that are definitely passionate about this brand. Enjoy!

TVeye

Reaction score
Everyone here has been great to me in my brief time as a member.
The wealth of knowledge, information and support is unparalleled. I think your experience will be the same.

Welcome,
Mike_

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome! Lots of nice, helpful people here. Enjoy yourself.

bblooz

Reaction score
Welcome to the fourms! Great axe too. I had one of the 300Ds many years ago in dark cherry/brown. If you have the original Dimarzio PUs in it, they rock! We look forward to seeing pix up here.

idealassets

Reaction score
Welcome to the friendly confines of LTG. I spent most of the 1980's in Colorado and did relish being there. There appeared to be a lot of boutique guitar shops around during my last visit 2 years ago. And there was no lack of well run open mic's, with some amazingly good music to be had. Carpe diem..

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you have one Guild now, I can guarantee that if you stick around here for a while you'll have many more!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
hey everyone. im just gona introduce myself as tobes and just say im stoked
about being a guild owner/community member. im the biggest fan of guild and their badass guitar lineage. i like to think guild slipped under the radar and has somehow stayed there in a full time role that keeps it in good balance.

i have a '79 guild s300d in mahogany that i will post pictures of and a small story with it. more updates soon.
thanks again for having a guild community!

The biggest fan? I think not! :)

Welcome! I, for one, am always eager for new S300 pics and stories!

Reaction score
Sorry guys ive been lacking in the posting of pics but only bc i cant figure out how to upload from my phone...but anyways i can tell the story and post pics later (to build the suspense)...
so i am a rock guitarist (love jack white, dan auerbach, gary clark jr.) and i moved up to telluride to get the **** out of tx..and i was playing a magenta sparkle custom tele at the time...but i was becoming aware of my boredom with the fender aura (even though we all love our historical fender players) and was scared of losing interest in the guitar altogether....soo soon after pawning my tele i look at craigslist and find an ad for a local guild s300d with orig case for $500 .. never heard guild much besides acoustics and not much in the guitar shops i monitored...so i show up and play this guitar for the first time and am like wow...great ****ing guitar, solid mahogany, and feels like it was made for a lifetime..but it was set-up for a synth amp (he actually admitted to never playing it to hear how original pu's sounded) and i had to play it without hearing it stock...so i go home and marinate on the topic and decide whether or not i want to spend $500 on a guitar i cant hear the orig pu's on (they were in the guitar but he had a synth pu' on right after the bridge)...and it takes almost 2 weeks for me to decide yes i wanna buy this guitar (he said he had plenty of offers to ship it across countrt but he wanted to keep it local)...so i actually pay two installments of $250 and buy the guitar that has changed my life musically!....this is what a rock n roll instrument should sound like, those dimarzios rockkkk....all in all
im quite pleased with the deal and will say he told me he bought this guitar from orig owner who had it in a ny guitar shop window for 20yrs bc it was their flagship guitar...i have the orig pricetag and owners manual...love guild!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice story! A Guild S300A-D changed my life, but that was a long time ago.