News from Florida

Fixit

Reaction score
fellow LTG'ers time has come for an announcement That I am very excited about, and hope you will be too.

Back in June, you may have seen the post about Toni and me making the trip to the Summer NAMM show. We had a great time meeting with Jonathan Thomas and his staff. We both came away from that meeting filled with excitement and feeling that a very good thing had happened to Guild Guitars. As time has gone on, that feeling has only gotten stronger. I for one can't wait to see what is store for Guild in the future and feel that our beloved brand is in good hands.

While at the Guild booth at NAMM, Jonathan and I began a dialog about the possibility of Jacobs Custom Guitars (Fixit's shop) becoming an Authorized Guild Repair Center. Our friends in California have been extremely busy with the move and setting up the new factory, but none the less are taking the time to setup the infrastructure to meet the needs of Guild owners. Well it has been finalized and I am proud to announce that my shop is now just that. What this all means is that I will be able to do warranty work for Guild. I will also continue to do non warranty work on your guitars just as before. I certainly won't be the only such shop, Guild has already setup other shops, and most likely will continue to setup others, until they feel that they have the repair network that will be needed to serve the needs of Guild owners.

I would like to sincerely thank all of you and Guild for the opportunity to do this. I feel that all of the many great things that my fellow LTG'ers have said about my work have been instrumental in allowing this to happen. Rest assured that Jonathan and his team pay very close attention to what is going on in the LTG world. I know this because they had no other way to know about the work I have been doing, and how all of you feel about that work.

Thank all of you once again! Guild has been a great American guitar brand, and will continue to be!

Last edited:

guildman63

Reaction score
Great news for us Guild owners! I haven't yet convinced my wife to move to Florida, but the effort continues. If successful my AP's and GSR will be under your care for sure!

Congratulations!

gilded

Reaction score
Congratulations, sounds like a good thing for everybody!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, this is SUCH good news!! Congratulations and thanks for all the great work you've done for so many. My only regret is that you're clear across the damn country from me but.... I'm encouraged to see CMG doing the work.... not just the selling, but the SUPPORTING, which is what it takes to make happy customers!! I'm seriously smiling right now. :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats, Tom.
I wish I had a realistic chance to let you do the neck reset on my sister's D50 ('80) …

Markus :smile:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom, that is really terrific news for all of us. Congrats, and I hope your relationship with CMG is a happy one.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great news Fixit. I have only heard great things re your guild acoustic luthiers and prowess, and really like your ties to Westetly and history. Maybe instead of selling my BR, I should save up funds to have you restore it to its former glory.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Excellent news Tom. You'll now be the BEST Guild authorized repair center in the world. :triumphant:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great news, Tom!

I missed the weather window to send you my '64 F30 (too many other things going on), but I hope to get it to you in the spring.