News from Florida

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Great news Fixit. I have only heard great things re your guild acoustic luthiers and prowess, and really like your ties to Westetly and history. Maybe instead of selling my BR, I should save up funds to have you restore it to its former glory.
You wanna re-snot your guitar?

mario1956

Reaction score
Great news Fixit. I have only heard great things re your guild acoustic luthiers and prowess, and really like your ties to Westetly and history. Maybe instead of selling my BR, I should save up funds to have you restore it to its former glory.

You should. I had a D-40 that I bought several years ago that was a fixer-upper. The neck was coming out of the dovetail, frets were worn out and had a few other issues and a lot of finish damage. It came out really nice and he presently has my F212 for some work. Here's the D-40 with all the repairs completed.
DSCF0486.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF0489.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF0491.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tom, congrats to you! and that is great news for the rest of us. Huge for Guild, they are off to a good start.

Fixit

Reaction score
Ok so I am not the only one excited! Thanks as all ways for the great support. BTW, A new Jacobs Custom Guitar website is under construction and should be ready soon. I will attach a link to it with my LTG signature. I am also in the process of relocating the shop to a larger facility that will have regular business hours. Back to work!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok wow, I want one just like that! Is that an ebony fretboard? Man that is beautiful

It has all the good stuff. Ebony compound radius fretboard over flamed maple. (back of the neck is beautiful). Lollars. Joe Barden vintage type bridge with saddles that actually intonate. The body is made of a wood called pawlonia (I've also seen it called Empress) which is a very light-weight asian tonewood. The guitar weighs less than 6 pounds.

Mine will be with me for life, but I'm sure he'd make you one. All you have to do is ask. And pay, of course.

And if you ask nicely, you might get some photos of the build...

IMG_0226.jpg

Last edited: