'54 Masteramp - Tag, I'm it!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's the video with a few different sounds. (Be kind, it was cold, and I'm not Pascal.)

Bonus points if you can identify all three songs.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Chris... it is great to see the '54 Masteramp up and running! Your amp tech did a great job. I really liked the clean sounds on the first two songs. After seeing the "gut shots" of chassis, with the blistered caps, I wasn't convinced it could be restored. Now it seems like the perfect living room amp. Plus the amp just looks so COOL!

I don't recognize the first two songs, but the last song sounds like a Eric Clapton tune from his Cream days. Thanks for posting the video. And credit is due to you for undertaking this project!

Bill

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't recognize the first two songs, but the last song sounds like a Eric Clapton tune from his Cream days. Thanks for posting the video. And credit is due to you for undertaking this project!

Bill
You're close, but not quite there on song #3. #2 shouldnt be too hard if you're a jazz fan. #1 is a bit more esoteric. Not impossible, though (it's not something I wrote; it was released on a well known album.)

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
You're close, but not quite there on song #3. #2 shouldnt be too hard if you're a jazz fan. #1 is a bit more esoteric. Not impossible, though (it's not something I wrote; it was released on a well known album.)

I am not that familiar with the Jazz "standards" catalogue, but first tune sounds like a Brazilian samba, maybe a bossa nova song by Charlie Byrd/Stan Getz. For #3 I'll stay with the British blues/rock category, and say Pete Townsend and the Who.

Bill

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am not that familiar with the Jazz "standards" catalogue, but first tune sounds like a Brazilian samba, maybe a bossa nova song by Charlie Byrd/Stan Getz. For #3 I'll stay with the British blues/rock category, and say Pete Townsend and the Who.

Bill
LOL! Not laughing at you, but if/when the answers are revealed, you'll probably laugh too. (I might send you a PM when you totally give up.)

You got colder on #3. Way off on #1.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
LOL! Not laughing at you, but if/when the answers are revealed, you'll probably laugh too. (I might send you a PM when you totally give up.)

You got colder on #3. Way off on #1.

No! Wait! Don't tell me. I'm thinking Eric Clapton and Blind Faith now. I thought the last two chords that you played sounded Pete Townsend-ish.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Can you be more specific?

"Had to Cry Today" w/ Steve Winwood on vocals and EC on guitar. Thanks to youtube and allmusic! I have this album somewhere in the collection (600+), but it would take a while to find.

If you look thru some of the glossy guitar magazines (Fretboard Journal, Guitar Aficionado, Vintage Guitar), a lot of the boutique amp makers are making reissues of the small 50's and 60's low wattage, student/practice amps with the two tone coverings and they sell for thousands of dollars. I like yours better!

Bill

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Had to Cry Today" w/ Steve Winwood on vocals and EC on guitar. Thanks to youtube and allmusic! I have this album somewhere in the collection (600+), but it would take a while to find.

If you look thru some of the glossy guitar magazines (Fretboard Journal, Guitar Aficionado, Vintage Guitar), a lot of the boutique amp makers are making reissues of the small 50's and 60's low wattage, student/practice amps with the two tone coverings and they sell for thousands of dollars. I like yours better!

Bill
Correct on #3! (although I know I'm not using the correct fingerings on the title chords)
Do you want a PM for the 1st 2?