Last night with my favorite guitar in the whole wide world (X175 content)

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I love my '62 175. Recently had it refretted (again), and I'm soooo glad to have it back in perfect playing condition - new medium jumbo Jescar frets, new TOM bridge, new nut, and I fell in love with it all over again.

Sal

Reaction score
Walter that sounds awesome. Great band too! Can I ask what gear you're playing through?Is that a bassman? Any pedals?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome tone Walter, Love the three piece action! :triumphant:

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Walter that sounds awesome. Great band too! Can I ask what gear you're playing through?Is that a bassman? Any pedals?

Thanks folks!

Sal, that's a Victoria Victorilux 3X10. I got a very sweet deal on it in the summer, almost new. It's like a Super Reverb with a little bit of tweed midrange to it and a little less agressive treble. Killer reverb on it, an very nice tremolo too. effects - I turn a delay pedal on here and there for a little bit of slap, and the last tune in that youtube clip I posted has a BigfootFX "Magnavibe", a vibrato pedal that mimics a Magnatone amp's vibrato. Most of the time it's just the amp turned up to about halfway, with the reverb on.

Sal

Reaction score
Sweet Walter. I love those Victorias. It all comes together perfectly in that video!

Last edited:

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to bits with the amp : I got it for a thousand less than new, and the previous owner obviously hadn't played it much, it was in perfect showroom condition. I used to have a '68 Super Reverb that was my "benchmark amp", worked perfectly with the same guitar, and it was a particularly sweet Super, not too loud, and no harshness in it whatsoever. Since that amp got stolen I've been looking for something I like as much, and I'm pretty sure I've found it, this one's staying!

jcwu

Reaction score
Now there's a man who sings and plays with authority. I like it, Guild or no Guild!

dane

Reaction score
Great performance Walter. You and the band rock.

Peter

NYWolf

Reaction score
That rocks, great playing! Those Franz pickups sound pretty awesome actually in the right application. :applouse:

cc_mac

Reaction score
Now there's a man who sings and plays with authority. I like it, Guild or no Guild!

Guitar work is fantastic and tasteful. You delivered some excellent vocals too which brings it all together with the trio for a night off fun music.

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Walter, that's a great set - thanks for posting! The X175 shines - you really play it well! You and the band sound great. I'm glad you explained about the vibrato pedal because that would have puzzled me. It sounds real nice - not sea-sick inducing at all, just a nice sense of motion.

Do you like the Victoria better than the tweed Bandmaster-style amp you used to use? Or just looking for some variety? Either way, it sounds great - it brings out the nuances in the guitar and your playing very well!

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff!

Amp...The victoria came along at a price that was just too good to pass up, and it's practical : it has great reverb and tremolo built in, so I don't have to take a separate reverb tank with me. Still love the bandmaster too, and will probably still use it too, but I have to say I'm thrilled to bits with the Victoria : not a bad sound in it, and built to an impressively high standard.

The Magnavibe is a fun pedal, and beat having to invest in a Magnatone amp!