Long-time lurker/First-time poster

Balaguer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I figured my first post should be some sort of an introduction, so here we go...

I've lurked on here for quite some time and finally decided to join and contribute, especially since I'm currently designing my own take on my favorite Guild model, the S300, and I'd love to see what you guys think.

I call it "Enigma"

1644715863278.png

Few things to note :

1. I'll be changing it from a bolt-on (pictured in the drawing) to a set-neck construction.
2. I prefer 22 frets, so that's why I'm sticking with that instead of 24.
3. I'm doing a german carve around the body, as I love the carve from the old Rickenbacker Combo 800 models.
4. The pickguard follows the contours of the body, but I'm open to other design ideas. Definitely partial to the one above, but you never know!
5. I think I may shoot gloss black on this one, throw on a red tortoise shell pickguard, and stick with chrome hardware.

Would love some feedback and I think it would be cool to get input from other Guild enthusiasts, while I work on bringing this to life!

- Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal

Reaction score
Welcome! I like your asymmetrical headstock design. In keeping with the early Polara / Thunderbirds!

Balaguer

Reaction score
Welcome and glad you finally linked up here, Joe.

You're design looks and sounds pretty sweet to me.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

WELCOME TO LTG! Always room for another Joe.
Your design looks/sounds good to me, but as an acoustic guy, I don't have much more to add.

Stick around, feedback will come. :apple:

Joe

Sounds good to me. Thanks!

Welcome! I like your asymmetrical headstock design. In keeping with the early Polara / Thunderbirds!

Thanks Sal! This is my 3x3 headstock that I'll be using for not only this model, but my Grace models as well. Glad you dig it!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Have you done any of these mods yet? A bolt on neck S-300 is pretty rare.

dane

Reaction score
Hi Joe,
The German carve is a interesting modification.
The more I look at it the better I like it.
One small detail... how will this carve affect the placement of the strap button?
Is there going to be enough material for a good mounting or will you need to find a different location?
Again it's a small detail.

Peter

Balaguer

Reaction score
Have you done any of these mods yet? A bolt on neck S-300 is pretty rare.

Not yet mavuser, but I prefer it with a set-neck construction I think. Maybe if enough people want a bolt-on, then I'll build one with it?

Hi Joe,
The German carve is a interesting modification.
The more I look at it the better I like it.
One small detail... how will this carve affect the placement of the strap button?
Is there going to be enough material for a good mounting or will you need to find a different location?
Again it's a small detail.

Peter

Hey Peter! Good catch. The body will be 45mm thick, and the german carve won't be as drastic as you'd find on a Rick Combo 800. You'll see what I mean once I start posting some build pics.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello Hans! Nope, I meant what I said. The mockup just has it pictured with a bolt-on. I will re-work the drawing probably later this week or next to show the set-neck joint!

Best,
Joe

I got it! You were talking about your own drawing, not the original design of the S-300!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl