1st Non-Guild NGD since '84

The Anal Finn

Reaction score
My first single coil, and my first non-Guild since 1984. Just felt like I needed something stratty. Still pissed at FMIC for closing New Hartford, so this was some small revenge.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fine choice !

That's the real USA built G&L Legacy, right ?

I have an off shore "Tribute" version with a black body.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's my choice for a strat! I had an American Standard, which was fine. Then I saw a CL listing for a US Legacy for $450. Having had an ASAT for a time, I knew about G&Ls so I went to see it. (I'm not a Tele guy.) Bought it.
Within a month the Strat was gone. Leo just kept making them better and better. (Rather than FMIC just "developing" different colors and fake relics.)

Congrats!

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been wanting to grab one of those in Belair green or Fullerton red. Never played one, though.

The Anal Finn

Reaction score
I like to see the wood, so I prefer the trans-finishes. Here's a shot that shows the grain a bit better. You should pick one up. I'm really happy with mine.

drc

Reaction score
yep I'm a G&L fan as well. I go thru them almost as much as I do Guilds. Like the Guilds, the skinny neck profiles on the vintage models bother me some. Great brand!

Congrats

Guildadelphia

Reaction score
yep I'm a G&L fan as well. I go thru them almost as much as I do Guilds. Like the Guilds, the skinny neck profiles on the vintage models bother me some. Great brand!

Congrats

If you can find an authorized G&L dealer that is willing, they can order you a G&L from the factory with a bigger neck profile. Alot of people don't realize that G&L (w/ USA made stuff) operates this way. Dealers can spec out guitars from a menu of options and G&L will build them that way. Keep in mind this in not like the Fender Custom Shop; custom ordered G&L's start from the regular base model prices. In fact, for certain options there is not even an upcharge (like neck profiles/nut width). The options are typically listed somewhere on the G&L website.