Apparently Guild thinks I'm legendary and influential

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I assume you are Daniel Rossen? Hard to tell with your LTG name!

Since you play more than one kind of vintage Guild, they should definitely get your name right! Love your band, too!

walrus

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
John Denver? You don't look like him. Unfortunately, I do.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah, my bad! You should contact them and let them know...

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ah, my bad! You should contact them and let them know...

walrus

Must have worked because I only see one "unknown" reference to a Starfire Bass and I can't relate The Soft White Sixties to what I know of Edwin's performances. page has probably been updated

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I tend to be somewhat oblivious and not really following any of the posts on this thread. But Edwin posted a great clip of Row Jimmy and plays with Melvin Seals so that is legendary enough for me.

also the picture of "Phil Lesh" on that page does not look like Phil. Pretty sure that's not him. (Maybe it is Edwin???)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Now *that* is Phil Lesh!

philq.jpg

INw0fr.jpg

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
looks like I am actually right and Guild thinks Edwin is Phil! ha! nice one man!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah! Now I get it - simpy did not notice that...

I thought it was the "Grizzly Bear" photo, i.e. the only photo with the band name not the artist.

walrus

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like they took down the picture of Edwin/Phil. Boo

If anyone doubted that Cordoba monitored LTG and payed attention, this is one piece of evidence that suggests they do play close attention. Maybe we should help them out by starting a thread - "Post Pictures of you gigging with your Newark Street Starfire Here" since that would show folks using instruments that are available new and buying one helps Cordoba in a tangible way.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well if Guild is monitoring this site and they want a real picture of Phil his first Starfire Bass...here's one

Uf3Fuo.jpg

Last edited:

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
There you go. Everybody playing one now plays it because of Phil or Jack.

idealassets

Reaction score
So after all those years Phil Lesh has in his portrait only one Guild/ Alembic bass left? That bass has stood the test of time.

Craig

hieronymous

Reaction score
Guild Total
So after all those years Phil Lesh has in his portrait only one Guild/ Alembic bass left? That bass has stood the test of time.

Craig

Actually he is back to Alembic - he received his FIRST 100% Alembic bass last year, a medium scale 6-string, with a short-scale 6-string on the way.

I think it's kind of silly that they just took down the photo of Edwin - they haven't put up an accurate shot of Phil, and they should have left Edwin's picture up and just added the proper name!

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually he is back to Alembic - he received his FIRST 100% Alembic bass last year, a medium scale 6-string, with a short-scale 6-string on the way.

I think it's kind of silly that they just took down the photo of Edwin - they haven't put up an accurate shot of Phil, and they should have left Edwin's picture up and just added the proper name!

Maybe they will restore Edwin's picture and add the one mavuser linked to above. Attention Cordoba. :)

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Not true. You've forgotten the bass he uses in The Grateful Dead Movie, the one he used when he played through The Wall.

hieronymous

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not true. You've forgotten the bass he uses in The Grateful Dead Movie, the one he used when he played through The Wall.

Nope - it doesn't have Alembic electronics - they're Pluto electronics in that one, though I think it was originally planned to be 100% Alembic.