Random Guild on Video Sightings

Boneman

Reaction score
Guild Total
☝️ Hair nation if it’s not boneyard ;)

Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Guild Total
Good stuff guys. I knew of The Tourists at the time but was not up on Guilds as I am now. Love the white S-300 in that first clip above!
There are quite a few videos on YouTube with Dave Stewart playing that S-300 with The Tourists. I wonder what happened to it, as I've never seen a video or photo of him with it after this time. The second video is the only one I've seen with Eddie Chin playing a B-301.

Reaction score
Not exactly well known, but videos of Cavalier Rose helped convinced me to get a B302 some years ago. I snagged one locally for $500. One of the best gear purchases I ever made! (I sold it to a coworker some years later, but it’s still kinda “in the family”)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A little different view of the Beatles. (@walrus you may or may not be entertained by this!)

Newark Street Starfire:

Yes! That was cool! He's pushing it with putting "Magical Mystery Tour" on his "heavy" list, though!

BTW, both the the beauty and insanity of "Tomorrow Never Knows" is that the whole song is just a C chord, not sure why he's adding a (what seems to be) a B flat chord. The guy can play, though!

walrus

geoguy

Reaction score
Sort of a twofer here . . . I think Darrel Higham is playing a Guild jumbo, but can't make out the headstock logo.

And Jeff Beck is making good use of a Gretsch Duo Jet.

Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Guild Total
Sort of a twofer here . . . I think Darrel Higham is playing a Guild jumbo, but can't make out the headstock logo.

And Jeff Beck is making good use of a Gretsch Duo Jet.

I was originally sure that it was a Guild jumbo, but also couldn't make out the logo. Had a look for other videos and photo's of this guitar and am pretty sure that, whilst very Guild like (especially the headstock shape), it's not a Guild:( No idea what it is though. Here's a couple of pictures of what I think is the same guitar.

1673786574902.png

1673786604962.png

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Man. I've spent a bit of time trying to get shots of that guitar. BBC Breakfast from Jan 19th 2011 is the studio shot, but I can find that episode to view.