Random Guild on Video Sightings

geoguy

Reaction score
Saw this posted on the Gretsch Pages, in a thread regarding songs that are appropriate for a funeral !

Zelja

Reaction score
Chrissie Hynde doing Angel In The Morning on Friends. Seems to be using a small bodied Guild acoustic but can't quite work out which one:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Chrissie Hynde doing Angel In The Morning on Friends. Seems to be using a small bodied Guild acoustic but can't quite work out which one:
Pretty sure it's an F30.
Phoebe was seen with a D4 in the Chris Isaak episode:
hqdefault.jpg

Zelja

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's an F30.
That's what was my initial impression but I thought most F30s had the Chesterfield. Regardless Chrissie Hynde is such a great singer as is Chris Isaak (seen him quite a few times). Phoebe...

marcellis

Reaction score
I saw a Starfire V at the end of the movie, 'Kingpin'. The Amish band's guitarist is playing it.

Saw a couple of others too. But memory fails me where.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
That's what was my initial impression but I thought most F30s had the Chesterfield. Regardless Chrissie Hynde is such a great singer as is Chris Isaak (seen him quite a few times). Phoebe...
Oh, thought i answered this yesterday but maybe you've already realized there're plenty of F30's with no Chesterfield, a Google Image search turned up 3 headstock shots ranging from '55 to '76 at least. Just don't know if the late Westerly "re-issues" got 'em. Even saw a Paul Simon edition with the signed TRC w/o Chesterfield.
I saw a Starfire V at the end of the movie, 'Kingpin'. The Amish band's guitarist is playing it.
Yep, saw that a while back and loved the tune so much I had to look it up, that's actually Blues Traveler doing "But Anway":

Screen-Shot-2015-03-26-at-7.13.09-PM.png

Zelja

Reaction score
Going on from the ? & The Mysterians thread, I let youtube run & play some other 60s garage band videos & 2 vids later this pops up, with Guild content. Duane Eddie with minihums?

marcellis

Reaction score
Paris, France, Johnny Hallyday's guitarist on his right looks like he's playing an F-47 or F-50 w/the old electronics.
The lead player might be playing one too. Couldn't get a good look. But I thought I saw a Chesterfield. Yeah, pick-guard
is right. Dunno what cutaway model it is though. Might be an F47.

It starts around 7:10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuJXfSZAoYE

Last edited:

Zelja

Reaction score
The lead player might be playing one too.
That lead player seems to be the Chris Spedding, one of Britains most sought after sessions guitarists & producers. He's played on stuff by Roxy Music, Roger Daltry, Paul McCartney & produced some Sex Pistols demos. He also toured with The Wombles for a bit:

cover.jpg