The New S-100's Are Here.....The New S-100's Are Here.....

TVeye

Reaction score
Anyone notice the new Guilds have started to be posted on E-bay?
Surprise to me.:surprise:

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Just saw a few on Reverb and now they're gone. Anybody here? At $799, not too bad.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are these the last of the Fender S-100s that are on eBay or dealers selling new, Cordoba ones ?

Zelja

Reaction score
Full size humbuckers i.e. re-issue HB-1s. Although the stop tail position is like the pre-75 S100s, I wonder if the neck angle is the same as those guitars or a bit more like the later 70s S100s?

guildman63

Reaction score
Are these the last of the Fender S-100s that are on eBay or dealers selling new, Cordoba ones ?

Not Cordoba, Newark Street from Korea. Oxnard will first be putting out a few acoustics, so don't expect Oxnard electrics for a while. At least some must be new as white was not previously available.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not Cordoba, Newark Street from Korea. Oxnard will first be putting out a few acoustics, so don't expect Oxnard electrics for a while. At least some must be new as white was not previously available.

The Newark Street line is still being made in Korea. That said, there are changes in the line that were introduced when CMG took over so it is not wrong to talk about Cordoba Newark Street as distinct from Fender Newark Street. But both are Guild Newark Street :) The Cordoba changes include new colors, new models, pickups and possibly a change in nut width. Someone who is paying more attention could make a precise list, I'm sure.

Hammer

Reaction score
Dammit...white, new HB-1s, $799. :hypnotysed: C'mon Guild...bring production back home, so I can finally convince myself to grab one.