New to LTG / Westerly Collection

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello Guild lovers! This is my first topic on LTG and let me just say it is really cool to be involved in a forum dedicated to Guild enthusiasts.. I have read and interacted some really great threads on this site.. Not to mention gathered some great info..

Now for the secondary purpose of my first post:
A lot of you may have already known this info, but in case there are some who don't who may be interested..

I sent Guild / Cordoba a message asking why they did not have the Westerly Collection on the Guild Guitar website.. This
what I got back from Matt Pereyra at CMG..

We will be posting the new Westerly Collection on our website this Friday, May 15. This series is a new line of Guild acoustics made with premium all solid woods, and an all-gloss finish. All 6 string guitars have a 1 3/4" nut width on a vintage shaped Guild neck - the nut on the 12 strings are slightly wider (1 7/8"). Every Westerly Collection model also features Guild's iconic Chesterfield headstock emblem (reminiscent of 1960s Guilds), period-correct tortoiseshell pickguard, and include Guild's new lightweight polyfoam case.
We're expecting our first shipment of the Westerly Collection guitars in mid to late June. Are you looking for a particular model? If you can tell me where you are located, I'll do my best to connect you with a dealer in your area.

Warm regards,

MATT PEREYRA
SERVICE DEPARTMENT
Cordoba Music Group
1401 Stellar Drive, Oxnard, CA 93033
P 310-857-1726 | F 310-857-1690

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting. Nice to have a mid-June availability date although that says absolutely nothing about when Oxnard production will be allowed to begin. Thanks.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yup... My intention was around the re-boot of the GAD series which I am somewhat excited about.. Trust me I wish I had info on Oxnard production though... I did ask Matt. I have not heard back.. Something tells this answer for this question will be less definitive than that of the first question...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yup... My intention was around the re-boot of the GAD series which I am somewhat excited about.. Trust me I wish I had info on Oxnard production though... I did ask Matt. I have not heard back.. Something tells this answer for this question will be less definitive than that of the first question...

The comment wasn't aimed at you as much as folks who typically would skim your post and jump to the wrong conclusion :) Oxnard production is ready to begin once California makes the required inspections and issues the required permits. That process has taken several months longer than most people expected and to the best of our knowledge is still not complete.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Indeed.. I could see how that might give folks the wrong impression.. In my title I probably should've mentioned new Chinese Guilds to clear up any potential confusion...
Thanks...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Indeed.. I could see how that might give folks the wrong impression.. In my title I probably should've mentioned new Chinese Guilds to clear up any potential confusion...
Thanks...

No worries D30Man, I think we all know these are MIC. The description gives it away, "all-gloss" finish....I like the fact the nut width is wider...I bet they will sound super.

Needless to say, I am really glad I am investing in my old '71 D25BR. Not really struggling from GAS anymore. One guitar works really well for me, I already own it, and after near 4 yrs now, it really feels like my Guild. I know CMG will eventually put out some great MICaifornia Guilds soon, and I look forward to the rash of NGDs that will happen in the fall :)

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I hear you man.. I envy that you have evolved to a place of being at peace with the one guitar that does it for you.. I am still in GAS mode though I am more than happy with my two Guilds... I feel the same way about my d-30..... I dare say it suits me even better than the D-50.. Isn't weird how it takes a little while before it feels like it is truly yours? Like there is a trial period...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hear you man.. I envy that you have evolved to a place of being at peace with the one guitar that does it for you.. I am still in GAS mode though I am more than happy with my two Guilds... I feel the same way about my d-30..... I dare say it suits me even better than the D-50.. Isn't weird how it takes a little while before it feels like it is truly yours? Like there is a trial period...

yes, totally D! For me it was 3+ years, and I had to try to sell it 4 or 5 times on CL...